Anyone like to hunt?

FishPlanet

On 11/7/2021 at 7:52 PM, GameCzar said:

I've slain one deer.Β  It was kind of a right of passage in my family, but I have a short attention span and ended up reading more books than hunting on the deer stand.Β  Β 
I do respect it!

thats why i prefer prairie dog "hunting", lots of action to keep my attention. deer hunting is lots of naps mixed with squirrels running through the woods sounding like deer.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No one wants a Florida Deer.Β 
1. North Florida are like smal deer from Wisconsin

2 central Florida is like a poodle size.Β 
Β 
3 south Florida deer are like toy poodle

4 and deer form the keys are like toy poodles.Β 
Β Almost a fact key deer are the same a ang white tail of the the size of golden Retriever or slightly smaller

I went out to the beer camp for the weekend and had a good time (no, that's not a misprint).Β  I haven't bought a license or taken a gun out there in 15 years or so, but I enjoy sitting around with friends, eating good food, drinking an occasional adult beverage, playing cards, and telling stories (some of which are actually true).

I hunted some when I was younger, but decided I'm not mad at those deer.Β  Besides, if I shot one then I'd have to clean it, and while I like venison I already have a freezer full of beef.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2021 at 9:05 AM, JettsPapa said:

I went out to the beer camp for the weekend and had a good time (no, that's not a misprint).Β  I haven't bought a license or taken a gun out there in 15 years or so, but I enjoy sitting around with friends, eating good food, drinking an occasional adult beverage, playing cards, and telling stories (some of which are actually true).

I hunted some when I was younger, but decided I'm not mad at those deer.Β  Besides, if I shot one then I'd have to clean it, and while I like venison I already have a freezer full of beef.

so you were angry with the cows instead? 🀣 the mad comment has much truth to it, for lots of years i never cared if i killed anything or not, it was just about being out there. until 1 day some retarded buck decided to run into my car. that buck cost a whole bunch of deer their lives!!πŸ‘Ή

Hunting is a lot of work if you're successful. I don't like deer meat that much. I mean it's ok I wouldn't turn it down. I had moose meat once that was awesome, really gamey. I didn't shoot the moose my granddad did. I prefer shooting at a range for fun to hunting. It's a lot less work lol.

I usually hunt any chance I can. I enjoy just being outdoors and the occasional game I harvest. Haven't been out in almost 2 weeks because I hurt my back so I'm itching to get in the wild again, but my aquarium is helping me keep my sanity. It's been a tough year so far. I'm trying to get my first deer with a recurve bow. It has been a fun and humbling challenge so far. Our muzzleloader season started this past Saturday, but I'm still going to take the bow until I get one. For me it's not about the kill, it the journey to get there. It's just nice to get some peacefulness in this crazy world.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 8:59 PM, mtnmonster said:

I usually hunt any chance I can. I enjoy just being outdoors and the occasional game I harvest. Haven't been out in almost 2 weeks because I hurt my back so I'm itching to get in the wild again, but my aquarium is helping me keep my sanity. It's been a tough year so far. I'm trying to get my first deer with a recurve bow. It has been a fun and humbling challenge so far. Our muzzleloader season started this past Saturday, but I'm still going to take the bow until I get one. For me it's not about the kill, it the journey to get there. It's just nice to get some peacefulness in this crazy world.

ive done both recurve and compound over the years, and either way is a challenge. as a bonus though generally much nicer weather to be outdoors during bow season. last one i smoked before i had to quit was with a bow.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 8:05 AM, JettsPapa said:

The last several years I went on the deer hunt all I did was make sure the grub in the Dutch Ovens was up to snuff. There was a rifle nearby, just in case, but I didn't have to clean a deer for years.Β πŸ™‚

When I had less white hair however...

deer.jpg.031326c2cef400f191b118bcbf55cc58.jpg

Β 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 11/9/2021 at 9:53 PM, Ken said:

The last several years I went on the deer hunt all I did was make sure the grub in the Dutch Ovens was up to snuff. There was a rifle nearby, just in case, but I didn't have to clean a deer for years.Β πŸ™‚

When I had less white hair however...

deer.jpg.031326c2cef400f191b118bcbf55cc58.jpg

Β 

Β 

On 11/9/2021 at 10:06 PM, lefty o said:

nice mulie! makes the last whitetail i got look kinda tiny.😜

NewBuck003.jpg

Β 

They are both really nice bucks!Β 

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, lefty o said:

found another one. this one was taken about 25yds from where the one with the bow, but a few years earlier.Β 

DSC00032.JPG

Muleys might be bigger but Whitetails are much prettier. And from what I hearΒ  better to eat. The Muley in my pic was 7-1/2 years old and starting to rut, it tasted really really bad.Β 

On 11/10/2021 at 7:32 PM, FishPlanet said:

I just got a 5 pointer tonight. πŸ™‚

Pics or it didn't happen.πŸ˜‰

The picture I edited. trying to make a sharper image, as my camera was on a bad setting.. but, these 2 boys came to the property 2yrs in a row.

Last year, they had a female w/ them.. There currently is a bear warning in my area. I guess this bear is thrashing about.. Love to get some pic of him..
I used to Hunt a lot, I do miss the week long trips w/ my bros...

Anyway... N'Joy the pic..

Β 

Brothers.png

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, Ken said:

Muleys might be bigger but Whitetails are much prettier. And from what I hearΒ  better to eat. The Muley in my pic was 7-1/2 years old and starting to rut, it tasted really really bad.Β 

Pics or it didn't happen.πŸ˜‰

with whitetail, and im sure mulies it depends a lot on what they eat. these guys were corn fed farm country bucks, so not too bad.