Hello! Greetings from Wisconsin.

Ember

Hello!  I started seriously taking up fish keeping again at the beginning of 2020, and now have MTS.  Unfortunately, I’m limited to bedroom space so have a size limitation.  

I started with a 2.5, upgraded to a five, then set up a secondary 10 gallon tank.  At this point, I’ve taken down both my ten and five and replaced them with a different ten and a twenty gallon tank.  I do have another five set up, but don’t really have anything cool going on with it.

1859C86A-FA1F-43D6-981A-F86C2D6B68A9.jpeg.62ce205b959c1aaac5378c4d503d6e6e.jpeg

Here’s my 20!  I just put a fluval planted light on today due to my previous one being too high of intensity and non-adjustable, it looks a lot less green in person.  Stocking in here is one betta, three ottos, eight ember tetras, and three panda corydoras.  I’ve got a couple of nerite snails and panda cories in quarantine at the moment that should be joining them in five or so weeks.  In my opinion it’s a really fun tank to watch, and I’m excited to add more plants once I get rid of my multi-algae issue.

6EAF5AF0-1915-420F-BD78-A66E24D6C1F4.jpeg.400f9d81027ac41043c6ac4e1c84424e.jpeg

Here’s my other main tank, the ten gallon!  I’ve had it running since probably about March, and I’m pretty happy with how it looks.  The inhabitants are a million and one pest snails, six habrosus corydoras, and one betta.

0A0744DC-BAC4-45EC-9E1F-C24F6862F043.jpeg.c0d82fe2bd8ab9253c20e669fd537a43.jpeg52F9F9D9-1B53-4994-91E8-A43182986AF5.jpeg.2e7ded81da62112f429f36db082fc3f3.jpeg

These two guys are my absolute favourites, despite how much I like the corys and ottos.  Top one is Mercury, he had the energy of being old and tired half the time.  Bottom guy is still unnamed despite having had him since Chicago’s aquashella event, but I absolutely love him to bits even though he’s a bit of an idiot some of the time.

I’m looks forward to participating on the forum and having some interesting discussion with others!

• Like 6

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  And also wanted to say thanks for the tank compliments!  I know they’re not the fanciest, but they’ve got their own sort of charm.

On 9/25/2021 at 3:57 AM, Atitagain said:

Hello and welcome to the forum, those are some beautiful fish the unnamed one is really unique. I don’t know bettas real well but he seems cool to me. Your scapes nice as well! MTS is a serious condition and we only want to help, enable you that is🤣🤣🤣

He’s a very cool dude, I honestly don’t think I could’ve picked out a chiller one for my community tank.  He’s definitely not a coloration from a chain pet store that you could really find, I’m very glad that I waited until Aquashella to pick out a betta for the 20.  Lol, if I could expand into the living room I’d probably have another tank set up tbh.

On 9/25/2021 at 10:32 PM, CalmedByFish said:

Welcome!

I love the look of the 10 gallon. I can't figure out what, but something about it is so peaceful. Maybe it's that gentle slope on the right half. 

Glad to see some love for my 10!  I really do feel it’s the more chill of the two.  Possibly because the only residents is a betta and habrosus corydoras that like to hide beneath my carpeting plants or chill on the sponge filter.  I think you might be onto something with the slope there...

Since everything grew in it’s given me a peaceful clearing vibe with a cave system entrance in it.  Don’t know if I explained that very well, it’s getting late here.