Ear Worms (aka "Guppy Town")

Torrey

Anyone ever answer a question, or read a response, and it triggers a song to loop in your head?

Earlier today I answered someone that "everyone needs some cories in their life".... and an earworm of Mamba No 5 got stuck in my head.

Just went to feed the guppies in the spouse's 4' tank, and as the guppies erupted with activity, my spouse broke into "won't you take me down 🎶 to Guppy Town🎶 oh won't you take me down 🎶 to guppy town🎶"

Anyone else singing to their fish?

20210911_183716.jpg

• Haha 3

YESSS. I can't hear very well but I get syllables of words extremely well. So when I catch a tune, its more whistle notes (I whistle instead of sing bc again, bad hearing). I am constantly whistling older tunes like sand man, Mary Poppins, earth wind and fire, modern talking, and a few newer songs. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

I don't sing to my fish but I'm prone to ear worms. As soon as I read the topic title "I'm all right"(Caddyshack/Kenny Loggins) began playing in my head.  Lately my weekly deep gravel cleaning brings up "Diggy Diggy Hole". (Yogacast).

On 9/15/2021 at 11:29 PM, Keeg said:

YESSS. I can't hear very well but I get syllables of words extremely well. So when I catch a tune, its more whistle notes (I whistle instead of sing bc again, bad hearing). I am constantly whistling older tunes

Same issue, different music, usually classical. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2021 at 10:09 AM, Tanked said:

I don't sing to my fish but I'm prone to ear worms. As soon as I read the topic title "I'm all right"(Caddyshack/Kenny Loggins) began playing in my head.  Lately my weekly deep gravel cleaning brings up "Diggy Diggy Hole". (Yogacast).

but do you do the gopher dance when you hear im alright.. ?🤪

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

So, everytime I open the forum these days, the first thing that greets me is "Introduce Yourself, Don't be Shy".... and don't be shy is of course, a Classic by the Knocks.

Which is your fave, the Sunset edition or the *classic* version of Classic?

• Love 1

On 11/13/2021 at 10:09 AM, Tanked said:

Thanks, now Diggy Diggy Hole is stuck in my head 😉

When I try to count my 10 tetra as they swim around and I have to start over, I end up reciting "One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" by Dr. Seuss.

I have read it is a good idea to count your fish to be sure no one is hiding and not feeling well. It takes a long time when the tetras are feeding. After a number of tries I often give up.  My peppered corys are always front and center, but my Agasizzi corys are always hiding and very hard to see all 3 at once.  Counting my guppy community tank from craigslist is just hopeless. The happy single flag fish makes up for the countless guppies.

• Like 1

I sing to my catfish, Pooka, a lot; I replace words with her name. The most common one I do is "Zippity Doo Dah" only...

"Pookadeedoodah, Pookadeeay, my oh my this fish is happy today. Plenty of whiskers, smilin' my way, Pookadeedoodah, Pookadeeay."

Other hits have been, "Pookie dookie doo, where are you?" and "My name is Pooka, I live on the second floor."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I sing a song to my son... Twinkle, Twinkle little fishy. How I wonder why you swim. Up to to the top where you eat your food, down to the bottom where you make your poo's..... yeah. I sing to my kid about fish.

However, after reading your post and reading everyone else's comments... I'm going to sing guppy town tomorrow while I feed the guppies. XD

I'm also going to make my own song about fish relating to "brick house" since we sing that song about our house, which is brick... all the time... IT"S A GUPPY HOUSE NOW! I'll make it work.... I'm determined.

So, this weeks ear worms:

And with musical tanks, we have a bunch of male endlers who are too sexy for their fins...

On 2/18/2022 at 12:17 AM, Minanora said:

I sing a song to my son... Twinkle, Twinkle little fishy. How I wonder why you swim. Up to to the top where you eat your food, down to the bottom where you make your poo's..... yeah. I sing to my kid about fish.

However, after reading your post and reading everyone else's comments... I'm going to sing guppy town tomorrow while I feed the guppies. XD

I'm also going to make my own song about fish relating to "brick house" since we sing that song about our house, which is brick... all the time... IT"S A GUPPY HOUSE NOW! I'll make it work.... I'm determined.

I'm ord😍

just popped into my head, but you other folks with a few years on you will know it. O-S-C-A-R M-E-Y-E-R wouldnt you like to be a weiner too.....   probably been 30 years since i saw one of them commercials, but its one of them life long jingles that never goes away.🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2022 at 3:21 PM, lefty o said:

just popped into my head, but you other folks with a few years on you will know it. O-S-C-A-R M-E-Y-E-R wouldnt you like to be a weiner too.....   probably been 30 years since i saw one of them commercials, but its one of them life long jingles that never goes away.🤪

Oh yes!!!

• 1 month later...

Shutting things down after taking dogs out for their nightly constitutional, and I heard my spouse singing "there's some whales in this tank, there's some whales in this tank"

[For reference, my spouse named the largest female endler who has the biggest, darkest eyes I have ever seen on a fish, "Whale". Whale was the smallest female who went into the tank, and looked like she was all eyes and barely a tail as a baby. Now she's the matriarch of the tank, lol. Her daughters are easily identified by their beautiful, big eyes, light blue iridescence to their scales, and thick caudal muscles.]

So goodnight, from a Cardi B/Megan remix!

• Haha 1