I am little embarrassed I spent this on fish . . .

Tedrock

On 9/8/2021 at 5:38 PM, Isaac M said:

$200+ on a small school of corydoras, would do it every time though haha love my corydoras. Corals however, yeah, lets just not talk about that… haha

Yup, last time I was in the reef LFS  people were dropping crazy cash on corals. I felt like a low roller with my carefully chosen $40 in plants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/8/2021 at 8:38 PM, Isaac M said:

$200+ on a small school of corydoras, would do it every time though haha love my corydoras. Corals however, yeah, lets just not talk about that… haha

Corals now that is a world I have no idea about, you could be talking about the moon.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:43 PM, Patrick_G said:

Yup, last time I was in the reef LFS  people were dropping crazy cash on corals. I felt like a low roller with my carefully chosen $40 in plants. 

Corals are just insane with what they cost now a days. I did it once long ago glad I got it out of my system.  

• Like 1

@Patrick_G yeah, plants are super cheap compared to corals, the cheapest coral in my tank is $25 😂 

@ARMYVET I don't have any money to give you for your silence… for obvious reasons 😂 

@Tedrock Corals are very similar to plants in many ways. If you can do a planted tank, I do not think transitioning over to a reef tank is too difficult. It does depend on the the type of corals though. I actually had a reef tank before I ever grew a plant. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:46 PM, Guppysnail said:

I just put together a Pygmy cory tank using 3 online sources for diversity….overnighted on 2 😳. Hubby thinks it’s  just some little fish so must be cheap 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just setup a Sterbai tank about month or so ago and I have some dime size angels in a 55 and wanted to put 12-18 corys in that I’m just not sure what kind. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:59 PM, Jeff said:

I'm setting up a 90g Discus tank. I don't even want to know what my cost is going to be for 7 of these things. 

That might not be as bad as you think.  Really depends on their size.  I would spend more for good quality though.

On 9/8/2021 at 9:02 PM, Brandon p said:

I just setup a Sterbai tank about month or so ago and I have some dime size angels in a 55 and wanted to put 12-18 corys in that I’m just not sure what kind. 

Not Pygmy unless you plan feeding angels very expensive live food Pygmy 🤣

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1