38 gallon stand?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew a good way to support a 38 gallon (Length: 36.25 in Width: 12.625 in)preferably 3 feet off the ground? I've looked all over the internet and not really found anything that's a reasonable price and I like the features of. I'm open to DIY however considering I haven't built anything out of wood other than a few small structures made of popsicle sticks I'd prefer not to especially considering this would be holding 38 gallons of water. Thanks!

Edited by FlyingFishKeeper

That's about 315 pounds of water, plus the aquarium itself. The substrate displaces some water, but is heavier than water, so it adds weight. So anything that a couple of 200-pound guys could sit on without breaking will work. I like Daniel's idea of rolling tool chests. Might as well make the aquarium portable!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you everyone! I don't really buy much used stuff, and I didn't see anything that stuck out to me so I'm probably going to go for the tool chest unless something really good comes up. I've seen this one on Home Depot that I like, plus it seems to have a better value for the price compared to most aquarium stands since it has an integrated outlet, a bunch of storage space, and is portable (I assume useful if/when I have to move).

My question about the chest is will it be able to support the weight of the aquarium given that it's not directly over the points that the load is put into the floor. I would likely place it on the corner of the chest in the highlighted section:1393151099_ScreenShot2021-08-09at6_05_39PM.png.63277d64381d3810b3a1651279ac15f6.pngWould this support it? Thank you!

Edited by FlyingFishKeeper

On 8/9/2021 at 6:41 PM, FlyingFishKeeper said:

I would likely place it on the corner of the chest in the highlighted section:Would this support it? Thank you!

Yes, that will work. I have done it that way with no problems.

• Thanks 1