Impromptu Three Gallon Aquascape

Patrick_G

I have a couple of little 3 gallon rimless cubes that were housing some shrimp. The shrimp moved into the community Tanks and the little cubes were looking sad. I had some supplies laying around so on the spur the moment I decided to see if I could make one of these cubes look decent while I watched the live stream. 

I think it turned out pretty well. No fish, but some snails probably hitch hiked in. 
Plants are:  Java Fern, Rotala H’ra, Baby Tears, Java Moss, Guppy Grass and Moss Balls. 

8C339797-5EB8-4499-817D-74B223AFBFF0.jpeg

AFC5448A-B75C-40AA-83D0-ED2A761D5218.jpeg

1E5CF64A-1953-4237-A8AF-B457449631F1.jpeg

EFE6F43D-3E1B-42AC-A6EC-CBE7DEF1A23C.jpeg

6E9E0B1C-0C8D-4A61-AA35-580888C052EB.jpeg

A110F3C7-1937-48B9-8FD7-BA483C296CE0.jpeg

DD9F654A-6872-4AB4-9D35-9817DC88D416.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Love 3

Well those are some really nice scapes!

What are you thinking for stocking? I think a plakat betta in one and some shrimp in the other.

The first photo, the plants on the very top (the white and green one) are they real? if so thats soo pretty!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, James Black said:

Well those are some really nice scapes!

What are you thinking for stocking? I think a plakat betta in one and some shrimp in the other.

The first photo, the plants on the very top (the white and green one) are they real? if so thats soo pretty!

Thanks @James Black! I actually just scaped the one tank and broke down the other. The plants on top are Tillandsias. They’re terrestrial epiphytes that are popular houseplants. I swiped them from one of my wife’s displays. 🙂
I’m going to stock a couple of Nerite Snails for now. Later when the tank is seasoned I might add some Nano Fish, but I want it very stable first. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GameCzar said:

This is great Patrick, especially since we're in the process of working out our new nano-tank.   Great ideas!

So far we are leaning towards some shrimp and zebra danios. 

Also check out Scarlet Badis and Blue Eyed Rainbowfish. Both are tiny and might work in the three gallon. 

D9222514-4CC6-4400-9173-DBC9377A2F41.jpeg

22CF2BC2-37E3-4821-B955-E8B903798C24.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those are nice tanks! have you seen the King Of DIYs scape off videos?

That would be super cool if we did something like that on the forum! Let me know what you think about that!

I hate empty aquariums though, so I would have to get a few more.(the most recent addition is in my closet!😂 😆 at least I don’t have any above my toilet like Dean!(Not yet anyways))

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2021 at 4:37 PM, Guppy Guy said:

Those are nice tanks! have you seen the King Of DIYs scape off videos?

That would be super cool if we did something like that on the forum! Let me know what you think about that!

I hate empty aquariums though, so I would have to get a few more.(the most recent addition is in my closet!😂 😆 at least I don’t have any above my toilet like Dean!(Not yet anyways))

That would be fun! 

I’m sad to say I couldn’t find my Female Sparkling Gouramis when I rearranged the tank. I hadn’t seen them in a while but I thought they were hiding in the jungle. The Male has always been a front of the tank kind of fish and he’s doing great as is the little Peacock Gudgeon. 

• Confused 1

On 9/6/2021 at 5:15 PM, Griznatch said:

Heh, I think I might be able to sneak one in on the plant table I'm working on for the missus 🙂

Haha, I’m setting up a shelf unit for my wife’s house plants. She knows I want to put some Wabi Kusa on it but in reality I’m envisioning this (minus the dishes but add more tanks!)

D1DA0535-C96D-460C-BF69-DBD510E5B5C1.jpeg.86954eef9f27716e3f05d6c04f75cf55.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 9/6/2021 at 10:06 PM, James Black said:

One of the downsides to being so active on this forum is never ending MTS🤣

Right?  Everyone has to post up all their cool fish, their cool idea fish they want or just heard about!  I mean, crocodile toothpicks!  Betta persephone!  What was that one, the fluffy purple something?  😆 😂 🤣 

• Haha 4