USPS fail

• Administrators

Dang, I just chalk it up to an overwhelmed system. If you look at numbers of packages moving around the country right now compared to 2 years ago, it's quite staggering. Rest assured, if your plants aren't in good shape when they arrive, we will reship more to you. Not ideal by any means, but we'll make sure you are taken care of.

5 minutes ago, Cory said:

Dang, I just chalk it up to an overwhelmed system. If you look at numbers of packages moving around the country right now compared to 2 years ago, it's quite staggering. Rest assured, if your plants aren't in good shape when they arrive, we will reship more to you. Not ideal by any means, but we'll make sure you are taken care of.

I appreciate that very much and I have no doubt Aquarium Coop will take care of me.  It was just sooo close...

• Like 1

If it's any consolation, I live in New England and once had an important package mailed from a coworker who lived just a few miles away (she couldn't make it in by the project deadline) get rerouted to Hawaii for some reason! I was just praying it wasn't heading out to Asia or Australia or something and have it delayed even further. Luckily it stayed in the country and came back around a week later. No explanation for why it took that route. Maybe the barcode got smudged or something? 

Hope you get your plants soon! Temps are mild right now so it'll hopefully be okay.

• Confused 1

I lived in Wenatchee a few years ago when I first started ordering from Aquarium Co-Op. Packages would consistently arrive all banged up. Never late, but for such a short trip the boxes got clobbered. 

2 hours ago, MichelleMichelle said:

My shipment was so close 😫.  I'm in Wenatchee WA about 4 hours away from Aquarium Coop. Now its all the way in Elk Grove Illinois.  How does USPS justify this?  I hope my plants survive if it ever shows up.  

I was born in Elk Grove Village 🙂 

I live in Wisconsin now and had one Coop shipment go from WA to PA back to WA to WI.  Never figured out that one, either, but I'm happy that MOST of the time they do a good job getting things where they need to go.  It's just those other times that can be mind-boggling. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 9:22 AM, Cory said:

They arrived today and they look pretty dang good!!

20210416_161729.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

I sell a lot of items on eBay and make a lot of trips to the local post office and they have become what the DMV was.  There will be a long line outside the door and only one person at the counter while 2-3 other people are visibly hanging out in the back talking and having a good time.  This particular branch is one that is always busy and to just have 1 person at the counter while people wait 30 to 45 minutes to just drop off packages is a big middle finger to the public that supports this business.  If other carriers or any other companies did this they would be out of business.  I do chalk this up to management and not so much to the people on the floor.

Just to add to the humor. I have a pair of shoes I ordered on my birthday last week that shipped out of Raleigh, NC and I live just down here on the coast about 2 1/2 hours away in Morehead City. As of this morning, my shoes are current in California. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've mostly had good luck, though twice I've had incoming packages arrive in Houston (one hour away from me) only to have them then routed to a completely different city in the wrong direction.  Fortunately there was nothing perishable in either shipment.

Last year I shipped some plants that took a couple weeks to arrive.  They were not in good shape.  It's partly my fault; I shouldn't have tried shipping in December, and will try to remember not to in the future.