Tank Heaters!

Nicka

11 minutes ago, Nicka said:

Any specific brands would you recommend?

Not being able to find Fluval E series anywhere, I found a heater with good ratings for an Eheim at Petsmart.  The price in store was higher but they price matched their online price for me.

29 minutes ago, lefty o said:

2 smaller is better. if one sticks on it wont cook the fish as badly as 1 big one sticking on

If you're concerned about failing heaters (which unfortunately does happen and cook tanks) I highly recommend inkbird temp controllers. 

As many have said before, two smaller is always preferable to one larger heater so if they fail on they hopefully do not boil your tank before you discover it and can react.

Personally, I have been using Jäger heaters since before they were owned by Eheim (i.e. Ebo Jäger) and I have never had one fail on and cook a tank. Plenty of them have failed, but never on. Granted my experience is purely anecdotal, but after 30+ years in the hobby, I will never buy another brand heater, only Eheim.

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will go with two smaller heaters and check out the Eheim heaters. I was looking at the fluval e series and had a hard time finding them as well, any reason why they aren’t easy to find?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nicka said:

Hi, I’m starting up a 75gal tank and was looking for some guidance to aquarium heater brands and if I should get one large heater or two smaller ones on each side of the tank? Thanks in advance

I would do 2 fluval e 200s but the bigger you go the easier it is on your equipment

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nicka said:

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will go with two smaller heaters and check out the Eheim heaters. I was looking at the fluval e series and had a hard time finding them as well, any reason why they aren’t easy to find?

I’ve never had a problem finding them that’s kinda strange

7 hours ago, ererer said:

Cory has mentioned that there have been some problems with the suppliers having them available regularly for stocking, and so Aq. Coop no longer sells them. I imagine it may be similar with other retailers.

That make sense why I am having a hard time finding them in stock.

I've really been enjoying my Hygger heater!  I got the 200W quartz one with the external digital display and thermometer...the heater itself is black and so it blends in nicely with my black background!  

My brother bought it for me from Amazon.

Edited by Betsy
  • Thanks 1