What are your favourite catfish

Colu

The Red Lizard Whiptail Catfish... was my favorite little buddy in my tank.

I only had one but it passed away after a couple years and I've been unable to find another one or two locally--these seem to be rare where I am.  One of these days, I'll get a couple from Aq. Co-op (which is where I got this pic.).

Red-Lizard-Catfish-7.jpg.865b9e9944e4b05a73439ef7a44cdfe8.jpg

Edited by Chads
  • Like 3

I love corydoras, unforatnetley I don't own any at this very moment. My Favorite Catfish that I currently own would be the upside down catfish:

image.png.469748563d099fde232b7bdc64542e5b.png

They give me a good laugh when I see them swimming around, but thats not very often. They dug a bed underneath my spongefilter at one point. I do plan on giving these back to make some room for some corydoras.

• Like 3

I love watching pictus cats. I don't know if I'll ever be able to properly house them, but I like to admire them. In general I am fascinated by catfish, but I don't focus too much on that because my biggest tank is a 40b, and I'm not obsessed enough to go to the lengths that would be required to collect more. I do enjoy my otos and trilineatus cories though!  

• Like 1

It's pretty obvious what I am going to say, but I'll say it anyway. Corydoras are the best catfish in my opinion. So many species within the genus Corydoras. In fact, it is the largest genus of freshwater fish within the Neotropical realm. They are peaceful to nearly all other fish and won't harm a soul. Downright one of the best community fish as well.

764878137_FeedingFrenzy2.JPG.b6860f9c8eeed254a22d9ee65d204594.JPG

• Like 1

Well.  I guess I better start construction on my 100,000 gallon aquarium.

Does ACO stock these catfish or do I have to order online?  Do they fit in a USPS large flatrate box?

2 hours ago, Taylor Blake said:

I have a soft spot for the big guys so I would have to say a wels or a Jau I also like the look and name of the goonch here are two photos that I pulled off the internet 

80373D01-5906-413E-BA39-FA35589D4CAA.jpeg

D3C7A208-0367-4031-B948-C06B787C2103.jpeg

3573C942-D74C-4787-9E79-AFA77001B9BF.png

Edited by CT_

37 minutes ago, CT_ said:

Well.  I guess I better start construction on my 100,000 gallon aquarium.

Does ACO stock these catfish or do I have to order online?  Do they fit in a USPS large flatrate box?

they might have to special order it for you. LOL

• Like 1

Well, if you look at my username you might get an idea as to what are my favorites. Featherfin Squeakers! OK, I'm kidding, it's Cories. Nothing beats their docile personalities, cute little whiskers, big eyes, and the way they snuffle around for food. And have you ever kept a big group of them? The way they swarm at feeding time is the best. There are plenty of rare Cories I could point to as a favorite, but the Peppered Cory has a special place in my heart. They were the first species of Cory I ever owned, and I've personally found them to be the most outgoing and active type out of the species I've kept. I also love their spots, and how no two are exactly alike. They also have a bit of a goofy streak to them. 

20210308_231257.jpg

• Like 3