Hello everyone!

I was planning to eventually set up a 10 gallon with small shrimp. Some of the species I am interested with are Green Jade, Blue Velvet, and black and red Crystal shrimp. Does anyone have any tank mate ideas? I would most likely prefer something with color. I will be buying the shrimp from Aqua Huna. I have never used them before. Has anyone bought from them before? Thanks for any ideas!

I'd look into an apple snail. Pretty peaceful and they come in great colors. Apple snails also don't asexually reproduce so you'll only have one as long as you didn't get a female with stored sperm from the store. Even if that happens, you can just push the egg sack, which she lays above the water line, into the water and the eggs will die, problem solved. It'll help eat the algae off of the glass and just be a cool little buddy to have!

Thank you all for the ideas. It would definitely be preferable that the babies do not get eaten. I think want to generally stick to a nano tank so most likely rasboras. I am definitely also interested in the crayfish, hillstream loaches, and snails. Sadly, I don't have a small business aquarium shop where I live, so to buy more "exoic" fish are a bit harder to come by. I do mainly buy online but oftentimes they don't have what I am looking for. Does anyone know where I could buy mexican dwarf crayfish? Or would bamboo shrimp work instead?

Probably if you keep your frogs well fed and have lots of hiding places and plants for the shrimp, you should be fine! But I'm no expert with African Dwarf Frogs. I recommend tankmate-wise female or a male betta, guppies, harlequin rasboras, rummynose tetra, guppies, honey gouramies, or ram Cichlids (i tried keeping them together and they did fine). Also Neon or Cardinal Tetras will work, too! 😉

1 hour ago, Lazarus the fish boy said:

Probably if you keep your frogs well fed and have lots of hiding places and plants for the shrimp, you should be fine! But I'm no expert with African Dwarf Frogs. I recommend tankmate-wise female or a male betta, guppies, harlequin rasboras, rummynose tetra, guppies, honey gouramies, or ram Cichlids (i tried keeping them together and they did fine). Also Neon or Cardinal Tetras will work, too! 😉

I tried the betta shrimp dealio, only thing I got was a fat betta.

I have shrimp with my Panda Guppies and they don't pay much attention to them. Sometimes they will steal food from them, but other than that they have been harmless as far as I have seen. I think they're just too hyper to ever stop long enough to see what's living with them. 20200829-172459.jpg.575d653a360c419734bd938e9eecfb6a.jpg

I also have a tank full of shrimp and Kuhli loaches. I don't know if the Kuhlis have ever predated on the shrimp or shrimplets, but I have never witnessed it. The shrimp occassionally creep the Kuhlis out when they crawl on them.20200410_203836.jpg.03994888b470fe4b06507aefb5fb60c6.jpg

I have a heavily planted 55 gallon tank with red rili shrimp and several fish species. Despite the 50+ fish in there, I started with 20 shrimp and 6 months later I sold 100 back to my lfs. 

Here is my stocking:

- Around 20 fully grown blue grass guppies (and around 100 more fry) 

- 15 cpds

- 12 Cardinal tetras 

- 15 chilli rasboras

- 20 hastatus Cories

- 6 longfin albino bristlenose plecos 

- 6 reticulated hillstream loaches 

- 12 hyphessobrycon negodagua