Hello! This is my fish room!

Hello everyone,

My name is Cruz and I am from the Metro-Detroit area. I am new to the coop forum and wanted to introduce myself and show off my fish room currently! A little bit about myself, I am currently a junior in college pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering some of my hobbies include the obvious fish keeping, sailing, flying rc planes, and working on my cars! I got into fish keeping a little over four years ago and as it happens to most of us is started with one tank and and is now up to 30+ throughout my house. My focus has mainly been breeding livebearers (guppies, swordtails, and limia) as well as shrimp (various different colors of Caridina and Neocaridina) but I have many other types of fish. I would just like to thank the Fishtube youtubers for some of the inspiration in my tanks and fish room and for what they do to promote the hobby itself including; Cory from Aquarium Co-op, Rob from Flip Aquatics, and Bob from Steenfott Aquatics. In addition to Fishtube there are many individuals from the Motor City Aquarium Society that have helped me. I look forward to enjoying the help I receive from others and the advice I can give to others on this forum!

538A0870-7416-4E78-ABCD-F2BB5214FF7C.jpeg

B23515B1-793D-4AE9-A821-9DCB539169A3.jpeg

A38559E9-EF0A-4247-8DE0-8C7A6A88FC8F.jpeg

9BCB0520-9D0B-4507-B92B-A7FC62BB3E0A.jpeg

Edited by GreenspotAquatics
Spelling
  • Like 12

10 hours ago, Andy's Fish Den said:

Nice looking fish room. I see a saltwater tank thrown in there as well. I'm not far from the Detroit area, down in Ohio. I believe @FishTankBarnis from up around Detroit.

Thank you! Yes there is saltwater thrown in haha. I do know @FishTankBarn he is a member of the same club as me. (Motor City Aquarium Society)

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 4:17 PM, GreenspotAquatics said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Cruz and I am from the Metro-Detroit area. I am new to the coop forum and wanted to introduce myself and show off my fish room currently! A little bit about myself, I am currently a junior in college pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering some of my hobbies include the obvious fish keeping, sailing...

I raced a J/24 regatta at BYC in Detroit. We towed a boat to and from from Vermont, and everyone was so friendly, letting us cut the line for the hoist, for the long drive home.

I have also gotten some excellent shrimp from a Detroit breeder.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 9:00 PM, Streetwise said:

I raced a J/24 regatta at BYC in Detroit. We towed a boat to and from from Vermont, and everyone was so friendly, letting us cut the line for the hoist, for the long drive home.

I have also gotten some excellent shrimp from a Detroit breeder.

Awesome! I have raced at BYC a lot with a few different teams over the past few years! Do you remember which Detroit shrimp breeder was it? Do you remember? Also, what kind?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...