What Are Your Non-Fish Keeping Hobbies?

FLFishChik

On 2/27/2024 at 11:55 AM, johnnyxxl said:

I have been known to draw

Long before Bob Ross tried to teach us how to paint on television, Jon Gnagy tried to teach us how to draw.  My sketch pads accompany me on long flights and camping trips. I took technical drawing in HS, so I can draw a table, chair, or a house.  They remain empty because I still can't draw a reasonable representation of a person or animal to save my life.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 2:49 PM, mother._.puffer said:

I'm a HUGE nerd-- I'm very into Pokemon and animation production, so I travel and collect a lot thanks to that.  Between that and my (currently reef) aquariums, it keeps me pretty busy!

Anime rocks currently watching fairytale 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 1:52 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Yes I like to draw a lot too, I used to do the really hard coloring books but realized that coloring is not my thing lol

We did the paint by number thing as kids. There were lots of bold clown🤡like colors , but no concept of blending or shading.

No color for me either.

• Love 1

The only thing I can draw is fish, but I am pretty good at it. Here is a picture of an Arowana I drew using Pencil and Charcoal. Color usually messes up the drawing, so I usually don't add it.17101852512502084660538287808053.jpg.2c24083ed6de38a59f7c2a7d7f2f32e4.jpg

Edited by Guupy42
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

On 3/11/2024 at 3:28 PM, Guupy42 said:

The only thing I can draw is fish, but I am pretty good at it. Here is a picture of an Arowana I drew using Pencil and Charcoal. Color usually messes up the drawing, so I usually don't add it.17101852512502084660538287808053.jpg.2c24083ed6de38a59f7c2a7d7f2f32e4.jpg

Wow, I wish I could draw fish, I tried to draw a betta fish one time and that did not work. Nice picture 

I have a very large garden in the summer and grow and preserve a lot of food. Also do a lot of volunteering in my community. That pretty much occupies most of my spare time, other than a bit of WoW (video games)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

We love the outdoors, but my biggest hobby is gaming... be it newer video games, retro video games, card games, board games, or tabletop games. It's a close battle between gaming or fishkeeping on which hits the wallet harder. LOL

Here's a portion of our games.

PXL_20231120_143044349.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/25/2024 at 12:51 PM, Tazalanche said:

We love the outdoors, but my biggest hobby is gaming... be it newer video games, retro video games, card games, board games, or tabletop games. It's a close battle between gaming or fishkeeping on which hits the wallet harder. LOL

ya gotta like dig dug!

• Like 3

On 3/25/2024 at 1:51 PM, Tazalanche said:

Awesome! I love the arcade and retro type games, also modern games, I love those a lot, the outdoors are better tho imo. I am a big fan of baseball especially.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 1:51 PM, Tazalanche said:

I've lost many quarters playing Defender, and so many others that I've forgotten the names.

It is ironic that later technology made desktop games a viable option to the point of addiction😵 and then made my favorites unplayable.

This is the most random niche thing, but I’m actually an equestrian by day (I ride horses) and fish keeper by night😏

I don’t do rodeo or things like that. I ride English which is basically jumping horses over sticks to put it simply😂

So meet Ditto the grey hippopotamus🩷

IMG_1553.jpeg

IMG_1446.jpeg

• Love 6

On 3/27/2024 at 11:19 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

This is the most random niche thing, but I’m actually an equestrian by day (I ride horses) and fish keeper by night😏

I don’t do rodeo or things like that. I ride English which is basically jumping horses over sticks to put it simply😂

So meet Ditto the grey hippopotamus🩷

IMG_1553.jpeg

IMG_1446.jpeg

Ditto is very photogenic. I had the opportunity to ride on a New Mexico ranch as a teen; I'd love to repeat the experience.    

• Love 2

On 3/28/2024 at 6:13 PM, EricksonAquatics said:

That sounds epic👀

It was!  Much like your photo, It was the only time that I did not have to line up nose to butt in a long line or do circles in a ring somewhere.

• Like 1

This is another random thing: I’m not an accomplished pumpkin-carver by any means, but I try to carve something unique and fun every year. This past Halloween this is what we came up with!!IMG_8780.jpeg.7b1707775cc112e68fc1d5a7b726a55d.jpeg

Next October I’m for sure doing an aquarium pumpkin carving thread lolz

Edited by EricksonAquatics
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 10:00 AM, CoryWithAKatana said:

I like playing video games but also drawing Pokemon bcs Pokemon is 🔥

Cool! Yes I love drawing all the Pokémon, my fav to draw is gengar. The best Pokémon btw 😁

On 5/31/2024 at 8:18 AM, Jeff said:

Collecting baseball and basketball cards.

Yes! Baseball is the #1 sport. I love collecting cards as well.

Edited by Whitecloud09

On 5/31/2024 at 4:02 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Cool! Yes I love drawing all the Pokémon, my fav to draw is gengar. The best Pokémon btw 😁

😳 ew. Gengar is ok ig... Snorlax is probs my fav cuz he's so cute and *incomprehensible gibberish*... sorry I think snorlax is better

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 4:13 PM, CoryWithAKatana said:

😳 ew. Gengar is ok ig... Snorlax is probs my fav cuz he's so cute and *incomprehensible gibberish*... sorry I think snorlax is better

YESSSSSSSS, Snorlax is the dude, I like him too. Here is how my top 5 favorite Pokémon line up.

1. Gengar.

2. Snorlax.

3. Crustle. 
4. Blastois (don’t know if that is how you spell it 😉

5. Charizard.

All awesome Pokémon!!!!!

• Like 1