On 2/19/2023 at 8:09 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

So @TeeJaywhat you could do is lay two curtain rods in the stand and use that as a middle shelf for lightweight stuff, little baskets of fish food or whatever.

Baskets kind of like this

Maybe you’d choose black to match the stand

image.jpg

Or you could do a tension rod with a piece of nice looking shower curtain, and that would hang down in the front and hide the stuff under the stand. Keeping the area neater.

Did you know Ace sells a 2 g white bucket? Perfect for water changes on 10 gallons

You know that's a good idea with the tension rod and curtain. I plan to get a piece of plywood and paint it black and make a shelf in the bottom. I still may put the canister filter down there. Then I could have the curtain to cover over the opening. Or just leave the canister where it is to the side and just keep my buckets and water change stuff underneath. Have to wait until I can get to Lowe's or home Depot for the plywood. Hard when you don't have a car lol. My local ace hardware is only a 10 min walk from my house. But they don't carry wood. Maybe they have something else I can use to make a shelf out of. It would need to be pretty strong if I do put the canister down there.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2023 at 8:19 PM, TeeJay said:

You know that's a good idea with the tension rod and curtain. I plan to get a piece of plywood and paint it black and make a shelf in the bottom. I still may put the canister filter down there. Then I could have the curtain to cover over the opening. Or just leave the canister where it is to the side and just keep my buckets and water change stuff underneath. Have to wait until I can get to Lowe's or home Depot for the plywood. Hard when you don't have a car lol. My local ace hardware is only a 10 min walk from my house. But they don't carry wood. Maybe they have something else I can use to make a shelf out of. It would need to be pretty strong if I do put the canister down there.

Why can’t it be on the floor?

On 2/19/2023 at 8:25 PM, TeeJay said:

But def going to do the curtain rod and curtain no matter what I keep underneath

I’ve been trying to somehow make my fish room look tidier but my struggle is with the various buckets and siphons, and the long Python hose. I hide stuff in the pantry on the floor but I still don’t have a spot for everything. My fishroom is also where the kitchen table is at and where guests spend time.

On 2/19/2023 at 8:30 PM, Guppysnail said:

A canister and a 5 gallon are what I like under my 20 L. 😜 

Now you know I have already been battling with myself about a 5 gallon tank. And you go and put that idea in my head. What would I even keep in it long term.

• Haha 1

I specifically bought a stand for a 10g that had a shelf for a future 5.5g. And now here we are. Lol

They sell another one of these where the 20g sits on top and a 10g can go underneath 

7453FBEC-8BE5-45D2-BE45-6B3817520E94.jpeg.9881e68a0d4f7124de62707a24522fc7.jpeg

& you could always use the 5g as quarantine @TeeJay

the solid black piece in the middle flips up for bottom tank access

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 9:44 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I specifically bought a stand for a 10g that had a shelf for a future 5.5g. And now here we are. Lol

They sell another one of these where the 20g sits on top and a 10g can go underneath 

7453FBEC-8BE5-45D2-BE45-6B3817520E94.jpeg.9881e68a0d4f7124de62707a24522fc7.jpeg

& you could always use the 5g as quarantine @TeeJay

Yes I have this stand. It's what the Cory adventure tank is on. I just hate tanks that are so low to the ground trying to observe them. I guess for a qt tank or maybe just a plant qt grow tank. But I'd I know me I would end up with something more in it that plants lol

• Like 1

Ahhha the enabling never ceases to amaze me. Good work on the 20L for plecos it’s great as they want more room at the bottom and it provides that. 
One idea I’d heard over the years is to keep rocks outside in a bucket or pond in direct sunlight and water allowing those rocks to season with aufwuchs and algae for the plecos. Barbie may have mentioned it come to think of it. Something to consider with a newer setup like this. Great work @TeeJay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2023 at 6:40 AM, Theplatymaster said:

@TeeJayin the pictures provided it didnt look like the canister had a prefilter sponge, if this tank  is for juvenile fish, i recommend adding one.

Yes I have them  that's just a rough setup fighter out where I'm positioning everything.

Morning fellow nerms. How about a little coffee with TeeJay. So I got all of my materials and finally made what I have been wanting ever since I got my ziss hatchery. Thanks to @AllFishNoBrakes for the great concept and plants to make the new holder for the hatchery. Very pumped to put it into use. As well I just got my shipment of co op brine shrimp eggs yesterday as well. So tonight I'm going to fire it up and get my first batch going. 

I figure I will make a good size bat h and freeze them all except what I can use for a one time feeding for 2 tanks. Then just feed from the frozen until there gone and make a new batch.

IMG_20230227_090929065.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 2/27/2023 at 11:42 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I’d probably end up trying to mod one of these thingies.

B7D717C9-7D86-4744-924D-0F43428374EF.png

I was late to the party. Someone already tried it.  Not sure of outcome, they mixed salt wrong and needed to tweak aeration, not sure if they had success or not.

If I remember correctly I think @Guppysnail used to use one of these before she got the ziss hatchery

• Like 2