On 3/7/2023 at 9:49 PM, TeeJay said:

And for me I can feed at least 5-6 time from each cube

I really like those silicone molds you are using.

You can always just partially fill them, so that you have single serving in each.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:49 PM, TeeJay said:

small 5watt bullet style heater

Where do you find small heaters like this?  I usually see 25w as the smallest wattage.

On 3/8/2023 at 9:18 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I really like those silicone molds you are using.

You can always just partially fill them, so that you have single serving in each.

Where do you find small heaters like this?  I usually see 25w as the smallest wattage.

I'm sorry it's 10w I was mistaken.

Kulife 5V/2A USB Powered 10W Super Mini Fish Tank Heater Adjustable Submersible Aquarium Heater Betta Heater Turtle Heater with LED Display Thermostat - for up to 1 Gallon Tanks https://a.co/d/gRGiZFP

On 3/8/2023 at 6:18 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Nano section.

I tried the one all the way to the right. Didn't even look like it was on to the touch. Definitely low wattage use only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning fellow nerms. Who would like to have some coffee with Teejay!?

So over the past 4-5 days I have been having a few random ammonia spikes. Nothing huge but .5 is still to much. I think it was just from the killi numbers increasing and lemony and luna getting bigger and everyone making more waste. 16788042059473131516435698008675.jpg.6ae04a0b3adaee512bf1b34e6f31f4d4.jpg

So I had taken off the penguin pro from the new 20 gallon since it has the 207 canister filter and sponge filters as well. So I added it to the killis tank to help out the tidal 55 and sponge filters. As well I pulled out the hardscape and did a real good gravel vac to get out anything I may miss during regular weekly vac and water changes. With that extra filtration and surface are for bb to grow I think that should take care of the issue. Of course I will still monitor it daily to make sure I don't get any drastic spikes.

So yesterday while I was working on the killi tank I figured now would be a good time to move the 3 mystery snail runts over to this new tank setup. 

The new plants have been in for a week and doing well so far. Haven't seen any crypt melt so far. So that's a good thing  the tank has "cycled" well enough to add these guys for further seeding and seasoning of the tank for the new fishy friends coming in a couple of weeks. I'm really happy with the way it looks so far and happy with the look my tanks are starting to take on. I'm no aquascaper by far. But I do enjoy how they look and that's all that matters. 

So after I got the snail runts in I added a small piece of veggie wafer to see if I could get them to start roaming around. And 2 mins this is what I find after I added the food. This little fatty munching on all the grindage! Ooouuuuhhhh buddy!

Bonus points for anyone that knows what movie those lines are from.

IMG_20230313_173022894.jpg

IMG_20230313_133023462.jpg

Edited by TeeJay
  • Love 2

On 3/14/2023 at 7:30 AM, TeeJay said:

So I had taken off the penguin pro from the new 20 gallon since it has the 207 canister filter and sponge filters as well. So I added it to the killis tank to help out the tidal 55 and sponge filters.

I would think the 55 is enough, but I get it.  I just wanted to mention to double check pump is working well and moving.  If you're having constant spikes, apart from cutting back on food, I would check to see if you can find any dead bodies 😞 .

Sanity check and all that aside, best of luck sorting it out.  You've got a good plan in place and looking forward to seeing things sort themselves out!

On 3/14/2023 at 4:57 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I would think the 55 is enough, but I get it.  I just wanted to mention to double check pump is working well and moving.  If you're having constant spikes, apart from cutting back on food, I would check to see if you can find any dead bodies 😞 .

Sanity check and all that aside, best of luck sorting it out.  You've got a good plan in place and looking forward to seeing things sort themselves out!

Yes I just really think it's that the plecos are getting bigger and my killi numbers have jumped a good amount. All snails are accounted for. So the only bodies I could have would have been killis. I did a deep clean and found zero evidence. I'm sure it would have lined itself out shortly but I figure I have the filter sitting there mite as well put it to use.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 7:37 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Not a big chai fan but I kinda dig matcha. I rarely get it but when I have it, I enjoy it.

Kettle is about to be flipped on. Hopefully TJ can smell the coffee this morning.

I will enjoy pretty much any tea. Not picky at all (generally) and I do have my favorites.  Herbal tea is something I wouldn't mind having daily.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 3:41 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Kettle is about to be flipped on. Hopefully TJ can smell the coffee this morning.

I will enjoy pretty much any tea. Not picky at all (generally) and I do have my favorites.  Herbal tea is something I wouldn't mind having daily.

Oh I'm definitely more of a tea junkie than coffee. Especially iced tea. Has to be unsweetened. I drink a gallon a day easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So the tank is doing well. It's "cycled" nicely. Just the 3 runt mystery snails in there for right now. But leaving on the trip tomorrow to pa. Taking my daughter's to the Hershey factory and some other fun things. And maybe a pet store for dad. As well the last stop on the trip home will be to none other than @Guppysnail fish topia for some fun items she picked up for me at a local swap yesterday. So yes we will be bringing home some tank inhabitants. Stay tuned for what we get!

IMG_20230325_194624844_HDR~2.jpg

• Love 3

On 3/26/2023 at 6:56 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Lemon or Mint tea is pretty special!

I loved when I had peppermint at my other home, and I would make homemade mint ice tea for my DnD group. It was so amazing. The first time I had mint tea my Arab-Kurdish Mother (What she calls herself, my college bestie's mom) made it for me. Ever since I'm all about it.

On 3/4/2023 at 7:14 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Dang I just slap an airstone into a mason jar and call that a hatchery. Y’all have buji hatchery LOL

I saw a YouTuber remove the shells with the neo-something magnet. Apparently the shells stick to that. Ever try it?

I was literally going to figure out how to DIY one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2023 at 6:48 PM, TeeJay said:

Oh I'm definitely more of a tea junkie than coffee. Especially iced tea. Has to be unsweetened. I drink a gallon a day easy.

It’s better for you than soda. Tea has antioxidants and such.

I like chamomile tea. I went through a lot the 2 weeks before exam.

On 3/26/2023 at 7:02 PM, Miska said:

was literally going to figure out how to DIY one. 

I think he just tied or superglued a string on it, and dangled the magnet into his brine jar and all the shells stuck to it.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Love 1

On 3/26/2023 at 7:27 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

It’s better for you than soda. Tea has antioxidants and such.

I like chamomile tea. I went through a lot the 2 weeks before exam.

That's all I drink is tea water and coffee. Not a pop drinker

Was a busy couple of days. Just made it home from the pa trip with my girls. We a couple of hours ago anyways. Has lots to do getting new friends. Into there tanks. We will check back first thing in the morning with updates on what's going on. Until then I'll leave you with a pic of my youngest daughter Hannah at a certain fishy friends utopia. 

IMG_20230329_140608211_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2