You know you are a Nerm when ....

KittenFishMom

You know you are a Nerm when...

You find a snail in your bed.

When you have a shelf in the freezer label "Only Fish Food".

Your house plants are out of control due to watering with water change water.

All water tight containers look aquascapable.

Edited by KittenFishMom
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

You fall asleep counting guppies instead of sheep

You join forums to talk about fish because you spouse smiles and nods, but just doesn't "get it"

You always keep sea salt and Epson salt on hand, but humans never use them.

"Algae" is a four letter word in your home

You would replace the sofa with a big tank, if your family would let you

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

You are in denial about the fact that Thanksgiving dinner prrrrobably involved folks eating some duckweed because you use your strainer, slotted spoon, big mixing bowl and chopsticks for tank tasks...

You close a few doors before your kid's friends come over, not because those rooms are untidy (they are very tidy!) but so the friends don't go home and tell their parents how many fish tanks you have. 

You are planning a trip to San Francisco because you want to see Ocean Aquarium in real life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 1:39 PM, Flumpweesel said:

When you check all new tops to make sure you can roll/ push the sleeves up and thay they will stay in position before purchase.

(I will not end up topless again)

This is an issue for me even before I had fish tanks. If it's long sleeves it has to cover my wrists and be able to be pushed up to my elbow and stay there.

• Like 1

You have a pitcher in the fridge labeled “Fish Tea-Do Not Drink”

You have a glass Pyrex container in the fridge labeled “Fish Jello- Do Not Eat”

You claimed the new Turkey baster as your “gravel spot cleaner” forcing your spouse to purchase another one.

you divide up your hand towels between “Bathroom” and “Aquarium”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There’s an open can of green beans in the fridge, and another half dozen in the pantry. No one in the house eats canned  green beans. 

Laundry day is any day that you haven’t left too much fish room clutter on the washing machine.

”Nobody use any hot water till I say, I’m refilling a tank!” *no response, ‘cause it’s a normal thing*

• Haha 3

On 9/2/2022 at 9:47 PM, TOtrees said:

There’s an open can of green beans in the fridge, and another half dozen in the pantry. No one in the house eats canned  green beans. 

..., or one cucumber for salad and one for the fish, or peas in the freezer.  No one here eats peas.

• Haha 2

Your parents are pressuring you to get rid of a tank

You drive your family crazy because you use all of the freezer space for frozen fish foods

You mourn the loss of your pet fish for days

You push schoolwork aside and stare at the aquariums for hours

Your parents ask you to take out the garbage but instead you clean the tanks. 

• Haha 4

• 5 months later...

You know you are a Nerm when you doing a water change and you step away just for a second.  Then you hear splashing water hitting the floor because  your water change bucket has overflowed. (It is in the basement on concrete but still a mess) You run over and grab the hose but still spill more water grabbing it.

You know your a Nerm When one end of your suction hose falls lower than the bucket/garbage can (what I use).  The other end of the hose is still in the bucket starting a suction and draining onto the floor.

You know you are a Nerm when your wife yells down stairs to the basement “what died down there!” You don’t smell anything.  Then you find the brine shrimp blender that hatched three days ago.

Edited by Tedrock
  • Love 1