Hey everyone, been watching the Co-op on YouTube for a while, and ordered some stuff from them but with me just recently getting a house and therefore being able to expand to a full fishroom, I figured I should at least drop in and try to learn a few things here, and maybe get introduced to my next fish obsession. 🙂

So just a tiny bit of personal information, originally from Pennsylvania, transplant to the greater Cincinnati area. Wanted to be a marine biologist since I was six so I got the aquabug early. Got hooked on fish when my parents got me swordtails for my tenth birthday and they did what livebearers do and had babies. When I went to college my one ten gallon tank came down and, between moves, didn't come back until 2019. Since then I've really ramped up. 

Current roster of tanks

1x55

1x40

3x30

7x10

6x5

Not all of them have fish right now as I just moved and am ramping up. I like small fish, and particularly ones that are not as common. 

Highlights of the current fish roster

Barbodes semiofasciolatus (yes they're common, but they're gorgeous)

Apistogramma panduro

A. mcmasteri

Priapella sp.

Poecilia picta

Xenotoca doadroi

Neolamprologus brevis 'sunspot'

Barbus fasciolatus

Current wish list

Pseudomegil luminatus

Black rams

Anomalochromis thomasi

Hemichromis exul

Neolamprologus ocellatus 'Gold'

Most Julidochromis sp

Blue star endlers

Chocolate sailfin mollies

Wild Xiphophorus sp. 

Most Goodieds

random other oddballs I might be able to breed. 

(Also, screen name is not in reference to me selling anything. I don't know if that's allowed here. The name references my fishroom being in my basement and the fact that literally none of my tanks are new, they all are bought used from fb marketplace or craigslist or the like along with most of my equipment.)

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum, sounds like it will be a very nice set up. 

On 1/22/2022 at 12:14 AM, Basement Fishroom Bargains said:

and maybe get introduced to my next fish obsession. 🙂

This is definitely the place to find new obsessions. 😁 Tank types, set ups, fish, plants, the short list of what I’ve been inspired to try.

On 1/22/2022 at 7:13 AM, Atitagain said:

Welcome to the forum, sounds like it will be a very nice set up. 

This is definitely the place to find new obsessions. 😁 Tank types, set ups, fish, plants, the short list of what I’ve been inspired to try.

Thanks for the welcome. Part of the reason I'm here is to find new favorites and connect with people who are as obsessed as I am. 🙂 Always open to new great ideas. 🙂