Happy Thanksgiving!

lindabee53

Wherever you are and whatever you'll be doing tomorrow, I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I'm cooking today so I can feed some elderly friends tomorrow.  There are eggs to devil and green beans to make into a casserole, and the turkey breasts aren't done yet, so time for a cuppa.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 10:58 AM, lindabee53 said:

Wherever you are and whatever you'll be doing tomorrow, I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I'm cooking today so I can feed some elderly friends tomorrow.  There are eggs to devil and green beans to make into a casserole, and the turkey breasts aren't done yet, so time for a cuppa.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Thank you!

We work (volunteer) with RedRoot Collective, so our choice for several years now is donate what we would have spent on the Thanksgiving meal to the RRC Wildflower program (they support young single moms and make sure the lights stay on, everyone is well fed, and all the bills are paid/everyone has clothes that fit, etc), and then do similar work locally.

So today we ate green bean casserole with an allergen free home made sauce, stuffing, and pumpkin bread after fasting with our local Tiwa community. 

We were treated to pictures of the Thanksgiving meal made by one of the people we have been helping with wraparound support. They finally moved into an apartment on a voucher program about 3 months ago, and we have been helping them stock their kitchen, procure living room/dining room/bedroom furniture, and a brand new wardrobe. 

They used to be a professional chef, and seeing the joy in their face at being able to cook with proper ingredients and kitchen equipment was the best thanks ever. A vastly different experience than their last several years celebrating holidays while sleeping rough.

Pretty sure their new apartment complex is thrilled to have them, 11 families celebrated Thanksgiving together today who were unhomed this time last year. 

Really puts things in perspective, ya know?

Hope everyone had the day they needed today.

• Love 1