Best Fishkeeping Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals

colo3000

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd make a topic for sharing Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals relating to fishkeeping. Feel free to share any deals you see online or in store this week and help your fellow fishkeepers out!

It looks like Petco is having a 50% off sale on their fish tanks and a $30 off when buying $100 of certain fish supplies sale. Chewy.com seems to be running a mix and match buy 3 get 1 free sale on various fish supplies as well.

Looking forward to what you all find!

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 2:34 PM, Patrick_G said:

On the recent livestream Cory mentioned that business is a bit slow right now. I’m going to try and make sure at least 1/2 of my aquarium hobby spending this holiday season goes to Aquarium Coop. 

I've got an order to get together before Christmas. 

• Like 1

While I typically like this idea and sharing deals I find. I feel like the topic on a forum hosted by the aquarium coop can be a little tricky. I would think things like the dollar per gallon might be ok since they do not sell or ship glass aquariums. Cory has even said get the best deal possible on the glass and then spend the savings on supplies from the coop and fish from your LFS. I think the line in the sand and would be links to deals from competitors selling aquarium supplies. 

• Like 5

On 11/22/2021 at 6:31 PM, s1_ said:

While I typically like this idea and sharing deals I find. I feel like the topic on a forum hosted by the aquarium coop can be a little tricky. I would think things like the dollar per gallon might be ok since they do not sell or ship glass aquariums. Cory has even said get the best deal possible on the glass and then spend the savings on supplies from the coop and fish from your LFS. I think the line in the sand and would be links to deals from competitors selling aquarium supplies. 

I would assume most people on the forum know about Aquarium Coop and how great the customer service and quality of products are. There are however, many products they don't carry that can be found elsewhere. Another point I would make is that at the end of the day, it's up to the consumers to vote with their dollar and weigh their options based on their individual budgets and loyalties to Aquarium Coop, their LFS, or anywhere else. I don't want to speak for Cory, but I don't think he wants to win your business just because you didn't know other options were out there.

All that said I love Aquarium Coop and have had nothing but good experiences buying from them, and if they carry what you need, I'd strongly recommend buying from them.

• Like 1

• Administrators

It's not that I don't want other people to know that other businesses exist. It's that I won't talk down another business and many that get recommended here have very shady practices that are confirmed by many sources. New people to the hobby have to learn the hard way unfortunately. I prefer that we remove that entirely from the aquarium co-op's stuff to deal with. We get emails often with, I figured it it was in your video, forum, website it would be vetted and I can't believe you'd leave such a thing up.

On 11/23/2021 at 12:42 AM, Cory said:

It's not that I don't want other people to know that other businesses exist. It's that I won't talk down another business and many that get recommended here have very shady practices that are confirmed by many sources. New people to the hobby have to learn the hard way unfortunately. I prefer that we remove that entirely from the aquarium co-op's stuff to deal with. We get emails often with, I figured it it was in your video, forum, website it would be vetted and I can't believe you'd leave such a thing up.

It's unfortunate that people don't understand a public forum is a compilation of random stranger's opinions and not an endorsed statement from Aquarium Co-op itself. Didn't mean to cause any problems for Aquarium Co-op and I now understand the tough spot it puts you in when trying to be professional and cordial with competitors. I understand if you'd like this thread hidden or altered. Thanks for the explanation.