Fish House

Patrick_G

On 10/11/2021 at 3:07 PM, Patrick_G said:

This was posted on the GSAS Facebook page. It’s Hilarious 😆. I suspect the OP might be a forum member so claim it if it’s yours and thanks for the laugh! D5ED32BB-F86C-4702-AC09-4147FAB38622.jpeg.374798e0e68eb97b9f1062dd371a1a6b.jpeg

Personally, I think there’s space for tanks along the outside of each wall of the yarn room if they insist on no tanks inside the yarn room.  And there’s room on the outside of the stairwell on the side closest to the living area and on the wall opposite the stairwell.  But I’m not seeing the door into the living area from the fish room.  THAT must be what their complaints are about!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/11/2021 at 10:46 PM, Isaac M said:

I think I know the issue guys, there is no sink being proposed in the fish room, how could anyone live there having to carry buckets of water up and down those stairs? 

I can’t believe I missed that!  This is a serious design flaw that must be rectified immediately!  😆 

• Haha 3

@Odd Duck when I saw the lack of a door into the living area and toilet in the kitchen, I questioned whether they will be able to pull permits to get this job done. However once I saw there was no sink in the fish room, I knew for sure the building department would not issue them permits. That is completely illegal under the aquarist building code. I am with @eatyourpeas, these plans need to be reviewed and redone by a competent architect! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/12/2021 at 12:14 PM, Isaac M said:

However once I saw there was no sink in the fish room, I knew for sure the building department would not issue them permits. That is completely illegal under the aquarist building code.

😆 I’m thinking every tank has its own temp controlled water supply and drain. 😁

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, Streetwise said:

I would move the fifth tank on the bottom row, so that the door could swing 180°. To be fair, there is space for that tank outside the Yarn room.

Just scootch the right pair of stacks further right.  It’ll clear.  And scootch those left stacks further left and give it more door clearance while you’re at it.

• Haha 3