MTS issues

lefty o

short story intro. my last house i had my 120 which i still have and always running. i also had a 37, and 29. i moved 6 or 7 years ago set all 3 up. in the passing years the 37 has been tore down and set up several times, and about 4 years ago i gave my dad the 29. well dad died this jan and instead of reclaiming the 29 i let some of dads friends with a special needs kid have the 29 (they really love the tank). my 37 is waiting for its next adventure out in my shed for the time being. i recently picked up a 20L for a shrimp tank. so have the 120 and 20 up, 37 in the shed. all tanks accounted for. well just had to go out in my crawl space for something, and lo and behold there sits a 29 back around the corner. complete minus gravel it has filter sitting in it, filter cartridges, lid. only problem is i have no recollection of where this tank came from. the only 29 i remember having was the one i gave my dad which the other people now have. so, where did this one come from?

So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing someone as close to me as a father. Does the mystery tank have the same filter and other stuff as the one you gave away? Sometimes I find random fish supplies that I never knew existed. I feel like they're a blessing. Possibly a sign, in any case, free tank and evidence of the afterlife!

• Thanks 1

I'm so sorry for your loss.  My grandma died about a month ago and it sucks.  Sitting with her in hospice was the hardest thing I've ever done.  Finding surprise fish tanks sounds like fun.  Take it as a sign.  What were your dad's favorite fish?  Maybe a tank with his favorite fish?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 10:44 PM, sairving said:

I'm so sorry for your loss.  My grandma died about a month ago and it sucks.  Sitting with her in hospice was the hardest thing I've ever done.  Finding surprise fish tanks sounds like fun.  Take it as a sign.  What were your dad's favorite fish?  Maybe a tank with his favorite fish?  

dad liked guppies a lot, but his favorite seemed to be black mollies. eventually ill do something with the tank, but no current plans (subject to change), but it wont be black mollies.

@lefty oMy sincerest condolences on the loss of your father.  Mine passed 21 years ago this October and there isn't a day I don't miss him.  

I would take that found tank and set it up in his memory with things he liked and that is where I would go everyday to talk to remember and talk to him.

Edited by ARMYVET
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 5:32 PM, lefty o said:

well just had to go out in my crawl space for something, and lo and behold there sits a 29 back around the corner. complete minus gravel it has filter sitting in it, filter cartridges, lid. only problem is i have no recollection of where this tank came from. the only 29 i remember having was the one i gave my dad which the other people now have. so, where did this one come from?

Never question Neptune, especially after the loss of a family member. 

Simply mix up a tumbler glass with ocean salt to proper salinity, and set the drink in front of the set up finished tank as an offering. 

Spouse said Neptune is obviously rewarding you for taking good care of your father, and giving the tank to the family for their child to enjoy. 

Simply thank the fish gods🐡 and set up the tank.

(We lost my step mom's mom in January, and my mother-in-law in May. Deepest condolences.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1