FlyingFishKeeper

Chicken and Broccoli Pizza  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Chicken and Broccoli Pizza

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't had it/I don't know

On 8/10/2021 at 11:55 AM, sudofish said:

Yea I mean I'll pretty much eat anything. I even liked MRE's back in the day. That said I don't see a reason to bring broccoli onto a pizza.

some strange people do like mre's. we used to "procure" them from the marines on my first ship. while they were better than 30 year old canned peanut butter and 3 week old stale bread for midrats, they werent exactly good.😜

• Like 1

Nope, just nope! Seems like some nutritionist ploy to peddle cruciferous greens to a resisting public. "But it's healthy, and you can have it with it with Marinara and extra cheese - at least for a while!" Not going to budge on that nudge! What's next pizza with collard greens, or kale? How about roasted pumpkin for Thanksgiving instead of turkey? No deal!😄

Edited by Jungle Fan
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 11:04 AM, lefty o said:

some strange people do like mre's. we used to "procure" them from the marines on my first ship. while they were better than 30 year old canned peanut butter and 3 week old stale bread for midrats, they werent exactly good.😜

While we used to call them something else back when I served it basically came down to "Meals Rejected by Emaciated". They would mess with your insides so bad after a few months because they were basically preservatives held together by a few nutrients, that it took two weeks to get used to eating fresh veggies, and actual food upon return home.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:44 PM, Jungle Fan said:

While we used to call them something else back when I served it basically came down to "Meals Rejected by Emaciated". They would mess with your insides so bad after a few months because they were basically preservatives held together by a few nutrients, that it took two weeks to get used to eating fresh veggies, and actual food upon return home.

we got one time after spending the entire day at GQ, they whipped up some nasty sandwiches, and to drink canned apple juice. the cans were dated 1953, and this was late 91 early 92.  40 year old apple juice might not kill you, but it can only be drank if you are really really thirsty. nothing but the finest food for our service members (note the air force really does get good stuff, everyone else, not so much).

I remember when we received a pallet of MRE boxes that had been opened and were stuffed full solid with "Chicken a la King", weeks on end with "Chicken a la King". It was interesting after about a week we tried "Chicken a la King" with lots of Tabasco, with coffee powder, with M&Ms, ... It felt biblical, ...Manna burgers, Manna waffles, Manna Souffle, Manna Bagels, ...Ba-Manna bread.😄 I like chicken and "Chicken a la King" is not a bad meal but to this day it makes me gag now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2021 at 4:19 PM, lefty o said:

looks like someone cleaned out the fridge, and decided to toss it on a pizza crust.

When you find yourself in a use it or lose it situation Refrigerator pizza requires skill and courage.

Chicken and Brussels Sprouts.  Who knew?

• Haha 1