Cave placement?

Gigi

So i have a little issue. I hope you guys can help! I am relativly new to aquascaping and learned a lot along the way. This is my ADA 60p aquarium. I tried to make a little cave for my panda corry's. I placed between the rock Anubias Pinto and Bucephalandra's.  But the rock is not realy stable but my panda's like to hide in it and it takes away the view of the nice plants... I cant seem to find a good spot for it and i think my panda's would like to keep the cave. Should i keep it like this or do you guys have other idea's?

IMG_20210709_183351_resized_20210709_063426631[1158].jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/10/2021 at 2:50 AM, Gigi said:

Thank you all for the reply's 😊 I will keep it, move my buce plants and for the rest it's a waiting game for plants to settle in! 

Good choice.  Unless you have currents or fish strong enough to move the  substrate, the rock isn't going anywhere.  We call them hiding places, but we still like to keep an eye on who is hiding.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 9:19 AM, Tanked said:

We call them hiding places, but we still like to keep an eye on who is hiding.

I have an Apisto cave I got from the Co-Op.  I have a mystery snail that uses it for their home.  He goes inside climbs to the top upside down and stays there.  Took me forever to figure that out....One day I was frantically looking for him and I thought he got out of the tank some how...he was gone.  I even looked in the cave with a flashlight...nothing. It wasnt until I put some food in the tank that I saw him come down from the top in that cave and come out that I figured it out.  

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2021 at 9:39 AM, ARMYVET said:

I have an Apisto cave I got from the Co-Op.  I have a mystery snail that uses it for their home.  He goes inside climbs to the top upside down and stays there.  Took me forever to figure that out....One day I was frantically looking for him and I thought he got out of the tank some how...he was gone.  I even looked in the cave with a flashlight...nothing. It wasnt until I put some food in the tank that I saw him come down from the top in that cave and come out that I figured it out.  

Some time back, I had a similar experience with one or more of the Nerites disappearing for days.  Lying on the floor with a flashlight and searching every corner in and out of the aquarium never revealed the hiding place.  ...until the day I caught one of them crawling out from under the UGF.  A piece of mesh fixed that problem.  Now they hide where I can see them.

• Like 1