Uses for Duckweed

Hey there everyone, 

I don't know if someone had someone had already asked this question before, but does anyone know of any uses for duckweed besides throwing it away? I accidentally got some in my tank and it is blocking out a lot of light for my other plants, as well as making it hard for my albino cories to make their way up to the surface for a breath of air. 

20210522_143039.jpg.eeea1be8b359bdcc579bdc8ed84e9d74.jpg

20210522_143051.jpg.fe534a84c42909d80ac790f41ea6d3aa.jpg

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

Great food for goldfish and koi and any other veggie eating fish (good fiber for them). Also great food for lots of aquatic turtles such a red ear sliders and painted turtles.

Thanks! The problem is, I don't have any goldfish or koi. However, I do have a Siamese flying fox, who I've noticed had eaten a little duckweed. Additionally, I have some otos in the tank too. Is there a way to incorporate the duckweed into their diet (Like in Repashy or something)?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 2:37 PM, CorydorasEthan said:

I don't know if someone had someone had already asked this question before, but does anyone know of any uses for duckweed besides throwing it away? I accidentally got some in my tank and it is blocking out a lot of light for my other plants, as well as making it hard for my albino cories to make their way up to the surface for a breath of air.

I find slipping a bit of duckweed into someone else's tank is a great way guarantee that person will never wish to speak to you again.  That has its uses.  😉 

• Haha 2