Heaters?

ShySnail

I have a been running several orlushy heaters for the past year. Dirt cheap on Amazon. They have even survived my dumb mistake of draining water past the heater coils and seeing smoke. They keep the temperature super consistent.

I also run the eheim yagers, and they're great as well, but really long. 

• Like 1

I've seen a lot online about how great the Fluval E series, but man is that price hard to swallow! It seems like there are a range of decent alternatives out there. 

Maybe a better question would have been: are there any brands or models to stay away from? 

The safest way to go is to get a heater with a controller. Eventually all heaters fail and if it fails in the on position, it will kill your fish.

One way to avoid this is to get a heater and controller. Although this is the safest route it is not the cheapest. This JBJ heater and controller combo is about $100.

Heater.PNG.7370d4e4ee82f8d1110f3afb7e7bc6a8.PNG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The safest way to go is to get a heater with a controller. Eventually all heaters fail and if it fails in the on position, it will kill your fish.

One way to avoid this is to get a heater and controller. Although this is the safest route it is not the cheapest. This JBJ heater and controller combo is about $100.

Heater.PNG.7370d4e4ee82f8d1110f3afb7e7bc6a8.PNG

I ordered a Separate controller from rain bird love it so far 

• Like 1

I try to avoid needing a heater whenever possible. Because I was once young, I would never use glass. I happen to have a Fluval here and there, just cause I got one with a tank, and bought a matching one, and they are not glass. I have some pico fixed heaters, but I only use one now, for a Betta.

I would use my Apex or a controller for anything temp-sensitive.

Edited by Streetwise