I have a couple of low tech tanks with a lot of green or light orange plants but I really want to add some red plants, I don't have a problem in the light nor the fertilizers but I don't induce CO2 so what are my options here? And would using something like the Walstad method enable me to add some red plants or CO2 is a must here?

Thanks

Red Tiger Lotus and dwarf lilies ( Nymphaea stellata ) but they have the disadvantage of flooding the top with leaves. Two lower growing plants are melon swords and red crypt wenditti - both of these will grow easy enough though slowly without co2. A third option is red flame sword but i tend to prefer the look of melon swords. You can try prinz kleiner sword (not to be confused with prinz bar sword) but i have found it doesn't produce rich dark red leaves without co2 but your luck might differ.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Biotope Biologist said:

Red tiger lotus are by far the easiest red plant to grow. They are really not all that fussy although if I remember correctly they do like their iron. You can trim the surface leaves if you want it to stay short and bushy

Thanks

12 minutes ago, anewbie said:

Red Tiger Lotus and dwarf lilies ( Nymphaea stellata ) but they have the disadvantage of flooding the top with leaves. Two lower growing plants are melon swords and red crypt wenditti - both of these will grow easy enough though slowly without co2. A third option is red flame sword but i tend to prefer the look of melon swords. You can try prinz kleiner sword (not to be confused with prinz bar sword) but i have found it doesn't produce rich dark red leaves without co2 but your luck might differ.

Thanks

33 minutes ago, Ayman Roshdy said:

I have a couple of low tech tanks with a lot of green or light orange plants but I really want to add some red plants, I don't have a problem in the light nor the fertilizers but I don't induce CO2 so what are my options here? And would using something like the Walstad method enable me to add some red plants or CO2 is a must here?

Thanks

You may have some good luck with Scarlet Temple plants, too.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PlaneFishGuy said:

If your not opposed to stem plants I've had good luck with Ludwigia Natans Super Red and Ludwigia Palastris. I'm doing my first planted tank and honestly they are doing better than any of the green stuff in my tank.  

Thanks