My anubias bloomed!

My anubias bloomed!! Looks great. It was a big surprise. Now I wonder, what should I do? Will it produce seeds? How to collect them and use them? What triggered the bloom? Is that a good sign? As you can see, I do have some black beard algae. I'm going to try some of the fish that Aquarium Co-op suggests to eat that off. Unfortunately most of those fish can't be found here in Clarksville, Tenn. I would post a picture, but I don't have an URL... it's on my harddrive.

That's great! I've never had that happen before, your anubias must be really happy! 

You don't need a URL to post pics. When you are making a post or a reply, you can see on the bottom of the window it says, "Drag files to attach or choose files." You can simply grab photos from your hard drive and put them in that space. They'll download onto the forum, and then you can attach them to your message by hitting the little plus sign symbol on their thumbnails. Hope that helps! We'd love to see your pics!

• Like 2

Mine have flowered too and the flowers are lovely.  I am wondering if they are one of those marsh plants that can grow above and below water but need to be above for their flowers to pollinate?

Weave, does your flower look similar to the one on this Coffeefola?

E624C48B-BAAB-4B9D-8C83-68606D37E647.png

• Like 2

On 3/24/2021 at 6:10 PM, Lifeisgood said:

Mine have flowered too and the flowers are lovely.  I am wondering if they are one of those marsh plants that can grow above and below water but need to be above for their flowers to pollinate?

Weave, does your flower look similar to the one on this Coffeefola?

E624C48B-BAAB-4B9D-8C83-68606D37E647.png

It doesn't look like that, but appears similar in size. I'll attempt to post a pic