Help identify fry

BNoon

These fry are much smaller than my normal guppy fry and they also are blue and seem to have allot of shimmer. 

I've only ever had guppies in my tank, it could've come in on a pregnant females but doesn't look like my other fry?

Thoughts?

PXL_20210109_212027008.jpg

PXL_20210109_212029000.MP.jpg

PXL_20210109_212036402.jpg

13 minutes ago, MAC said:

Did you put anything in the tank from another aquarium recently? Those look like white cloud fry. Do you have other tanks and fish?

I agree those do look like white clouds do you have? They also kinda look like pencilfish but I heard those are hard to breed but you can always accidentally breed fish.

@lefty o

@Taco Playz

@MAC

Hey Guys,

First, thanks for always responding to me!!

Now to business.  I did buy 2 sets of plants from Petco which were planted in this tank, I do have other tanks but I only keep guppies/endlers. 

I'm excited to see what comes of this now lol. 

Edited by BNoon
Forgot to tag Mac

I moved two years ago and emptied a 10 gallon that had zebra danios in it. Only had wet gravel in it. Got to the new house and a few days later put water back in it and fry appeared. They are resilient buggers. 

Here are some I have now a little bigger than the fish you have.MVIMG_20210109_144536.jpg.06883abb6a937fc54992224353be2d68.jpg

It'll be interesting to see what they grow into. Congrats on your free fish!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The more I see the blue sheen on those danio's the more I think that's what I have as well. It will be most interesting to me as well to see what they end up being. I'll update this once they're discernable size. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 5:53 PM, MAC said:

I moved two years ago and emptied a 10 gallon that had zebra danios in it. Only had wet gravel in it. Got to the new house and a few days later put water back in it and fry appeared. They are resilient buggers. 

Here are some I have now a little bigger than the fish you have.MVIMG_20210109_144536.jpg.06883abb6a937fc54992224353be2d68.jpg

It'll be interesting to see what they grow into. Congrats on your free fish!

Hey @Daniel 

You were absolutely right, my little hitch hikers are growing up to be zebra's. Most were consumed by my other fish, but 4 were retained. Here's one of my little hitchhikers. 

Screenshot_20210127-115112.png

• Like 1