I have a planted 29 gallon tank with a collection of 15-20 guppies and I keep getting babies but they always get eaten so I got more plants for the fry to hide in and when I see one I put it in a breeder box so I can feed a lot of high protein foods and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on taking care of the fry.

• 3 weeks later...

A good clump of floating plants will also help keep them alive as they tend to hang out at the surface.
And yes, just crushing your flake food into powder is all they really need. Guppy fry are easy generally.

I think fry eating is more of an individual, or maybe strain-specific behavior. Most of my guppies never show interest in even chasing the fry.

Edited by sumplkrum
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 4:06 PM, sumplkrum said:

A good clump of floating plants will also help keep them alive as they tend to hand out at the surface.
And yes, just crushing your flake food into power is all they really need. Guppy fry are easy generally.

I think fry eating is more of an individual, or maybe strain-specific behavior. Most of my guppies never show interest in even chasing the fry.

My guppies for some reason love to chase the babies, so if it is a strain specific behavior then I definitely got the blood thirsty ones lmbo