Best dechlorinator

Nik_n

The only one that has any real difference imo is Safe because is a powder it does the same thing but is much cheaper in larger tanks and impossible to measure one’s in smaller ones lol

• Like 2

At the moment I am using: Seachem prime, Fritz complete, and whatever water conditioner Topfin makes, all of them are working perfectly fine and dechlorinating water. Really for me it just comes down to convenience. The Complete has a pump head which makes it easier for water changes on my larger tank, i got a large drop bottle of prime for free which works great for water changes on my smaller tanks, and the Topfin was free as well. As far as i can tell dechlorinating wise there is not much of a difference, just a difference in prices and branding.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2024 at 6:17 PM, face said:

The only one that has any real difference imo is Safe because is a powder it does the same thing but is much cheaper in larger tanks and impossible to measure one’s in smaller ones lol

Definitely agree. 

They all do the same thing. There's not one that's better than the others. 

Fritz Complete has a pump head if you buy from the Co-Op. So, there's that. Other than that - they all work the same. 

the one you have had success with, and are therefore confident in it is the right one, or best one. for me, i have been using stress coat for 27 or 28 years, so for me its best. ive dabbled with others, and they seem to work decently well, but hard to change what works. my best advice for these products is to buy in bulk. if you can, half gallon or gallon jugs are way cheaper per use vs 16ounce bottles. buy one small bottle once, then refill from the big jug as needed.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 5:17 PM, face said:

Same here. I've been using Seachem Safe for well over a decade on 20 gallon to 135 gallon tanks. I just put a 1/4 teaspoon of safe in a plastic cup of tank water, stir & pour it in right when I start to refill the tank during a water change.

• Like 1