First time using watercolor!

Zeaqua

I apologize for the crappy lighting, but after using oil paints and pastels, I decided to try out watercolors. Decided to paint a Bolivian Ram, as I have a beautiful pair that I’m trying to spawn. I don’t have any nerms to show this to IRL, so I thought I’d post this here! I’m thinking of painting either a Geophagus or Pangio species next. I’m only a high school student, so I’ll definitely need more practice, but I don’t think this is too bad of a start!

IMG_0713.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Thank you all for your kind words! I really appreciate them! @nabokovfan87 Here’s a soft pastel discus I made a bit ago, again with crappy lighting. This was also my first time using this medium, so it’s definitely not as good, but I was recently gifted a set of oil pastels, so I’ll likely do more with those.IMG_0360.jpeg.af44268651b185f06458fda75fa7a2c6.jpeg

I’m nearly done with another watercolor painting, this time of a certain colorful armored catfish. I’ll post that here once I’m finished!

• Love 4

You should try water soluble pastels.  You can lay down precise color, then blend with as much or little water as you like.  No, I’m not posting anything of mine.  I used to do a lot of artwork but haven’t for literally decades and I’m ridiculously out of practice plus I haven’t really produced anything in years.  But water soluble pastels are very cool.

• Like 2