What are your bucket list fish?

Scaperoot

I just watched Dean's new video on his successful breeding of Corydoras Geryi, which were on his bucket list. So I'm wondering what fish others have on their bucket list. For me, I have a variety of Corydoras as well, and this gorgeous Cenepa Red Pencilfish. I love the look of red fish in a planted tank, so I'm hoping the price on these will go down in a couple years. I've only been in the hobby for a couple years, so I'm sure there are many fish I haven't seen that I'll end up wanting! 

Nannostomus-Super-Red-Cenepa.jpg

• Like 1

I have three fishes on my immediate want wish list:

Krobia xinguensis (usually show up once a year)

geo mirabllis (not very often anywhere)

and 

biotodoma wavrini (less often than mirabllis)

--

also i wouldn't mind some wild caught Abacaixis (maybe once every year or two but usually excesslively expensive)

Edited by anewbie
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 12:14 PM, Scaperoot said:

Dean's new video on his successful breeding of Corydoras Geryi

link?

For me. One of mine was the black corydoras or some other "rare" corydoras that is seemingly difficult to breed.  I have had no luck or success using spawning mops, even with my pandas and so trying to learn how to handle these fish was a trial.  I didn't know if they liked to be hot or cold, I didn't know the flow, and ultimately information on habitat is far from available for them.  It's really an issue because some can't even agree on origin.  After a lot of time, effort, research, and many things I decided to get some and then I decided to seriously try to breed them.  I spawned them successfully, but I am still.... years later.... trying to understand the method and the technique behind it. 

"be the fish" is never more true and so complex. 🙂

In a dream world. I want a reef with a shark.  No regard for what size they need, double it if I can, and then just have everything setup for that one fish.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2023 at 2:23 PM, JettsPapa said:

A year or so I was at 360 Aquatic in Houston, and they had some leaffish (Monocirrhus polyacanthus).  At the time I didn't have a good place for them, and still don't, but some day I hope to get some.

My buddy in Denton is desperately trying to clear out his whole fish room before they move and I think he still has a single leaf fish for sale?  He will ship.  Long shot he might be able to meet you somewhere.  He drives south semi-regularly to see family but I can’t right now remember to what city.  PM me if interested and I’ll find out for sure.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 10:47 PM, Odd Duck said:

My buddy in Denton is desperately trying to clear out his whole fish room before they move and I think he still has a single leaf fish for sale?  He will ship.  Long shot he might be able to meet you somewhere.  He drives south semi-regularly to see family but I can’t right now remember to what city.  PM me if interested and I’ll find out for sure.

@Goldie Blue Potentially some things available that you're interested in as well. 🙂

• Love 1

I forgot to mention my current wish list fish - panda cories.  I haven’t gotten any yet because I don’t have a tank for them right now.  I only have 5 species of cory already 🤷🏻‍♀️ plus a couple of strays right now from a group of fish that I picked up from a friend.  The strays are a single albino cory (probably C. aeneus but I’m not expert enough to be certain) and a single Corydoras similis (AKA Smudge Spot Cory or Violet Cory) which is beautiful and apparently fairly rare in the trade.  I might have to go after more smudge spots first.  I keep getting derailed on my panda cory plans by other, random cories entering my life.  😆 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/24/2023 at 8:15 AM, Odd Duck said:

I forgot to mention my current wish list fish - panda cories.  I haven’t gotten any yet because I don’t have a tank for them right now.  I only have 5 species of cory already 🤷🏻‍♀️ plus a couple of strays right now from a group of fish that I picked up from a friend.  The strays are a single albino cory (probably C. aeneus but I’m not expert enough to be certain) and a single Corydoras similis (AKA Smudge Spot Cory or Violet Cory) which is beautiful and apparently fairly rare in the trade.  I might have to go after more smudge spots first.  I keep getting derailed on my panda cory plans by other, random cories entering my life.  😆 

I like to torture myself by watching videos like these:

I hope to spend many years collecting most of these. There's something about my Corydoras that always puts a smile on my face. I currently have Albinos, Pandas, Pigmy, and a lone Emerald. 

• Like 3

On 8/24/2023 at 10:19 AM, Scaperoot said:

I like to torture myself by watching videos like these:

I hope to spend many years collecting most of these. There's something about my Corydoras that always puts a smile on my face. I currently have Albinos, Pandas, Pigmy, and a lone Emerald. 

Great, now I’ve got like 5 more cory species I want.  😆 😉 

• Haha 2