Most Bazaar, Odd, or Weird thing in your fishroom?

Preston John

On 7/2/2023 at 5:44 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

A tub of wood and leaves - wood for future setups and the leaves to feed Neocaridina shrimp. Everyone asks me about the tub and never seem satisfied with the answer.

I have home grown, dried live oak and mulberry leaves, and of course Indian almond leaves.

I guess I need to step up my game with a box of wood pieces.  I’ve been looking to buy some small Mopani pieces.  I lucked onto a guy that was selling by either 40 or 80 pieces of small mopani pieces per box, 3-6” each.  I got the 40 count box and now I wish I had gotten the 80 count box.  I can’t remember who I bought them from and I’ve got plants on all of them that I had, so I did have a box, but I used them all.  😆 

I also have plastic boxes and containers of worms - whiteworms, Grindals, microworms, and vinegar eels.  Tanks of snails, a tank of Daphnia/Ceriodaphnia, and a couple jars of scuds with a few snails.

There’s also the small box of WiFi timers that don’t work reliably that I need to call the company about and see if I can get replacements.  A box of macro and micro ferts that I haven’t even started using yet - I ended up with a few bottles of Easy Green and it’s just so, . . . . . . you know, EASY!  😆 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 4:37 PM, Preston John said:

I was asked what is the Most Bazaar, Odd, or Weird thing in your fishroom? 

ME!

Chemicals in the kitchen, Paraphernalia covering the dining room table, boxes, bowls, and buckets full of various substrates and hardscape in the basement are looking pretty normal.

• Haha 1

A stack of 3 buckets high of 5G buckets with lids.

The bottom one was salt water for amano shrimp breeding supplies and equipment. Then, Next up on the stack was just old hardscape and all that, trying to keep things out of the way. Finally, there was the "active bucket" which amounted to my siphon, nets drying out, random supplies, and a plethora of whatever else needed to be cleaned up.