If you could make a hybrid...

Cinnebuns

Any 2 fish or inverts. Related or not. If it was possible, what would you make a hybrid out of and which traits of each would you want. Ethics don't matter. Ik some could be unethical to ACTUALLY produce. 

I'm thinking something like a rainbow mixed with a lionfish and have just a million unneeded fins for absolute no reason. 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2022 at 12:10 AM, Cinnebuns said:

Any 2 fish or inverts. Related or not. If it was possible, what would you make a hybrid out of and which traits of each would you want. Ethics don't matter. Ik some could be unethical to ACTUALLY produce. 

I'm thinking something like a rainbow mixed with a lionfish and have just a million unneeded fins for absolute no reason. 

Red-tail shark x panda Cory = Panda Shark!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 7:30 PM, Fish Folk said:

Oscar + Betta  = Beskar

“This is the way!”

Nice touch on the name. I can't wait for Mando season 3!

Personally, I would like a hybrid between a  Longfin Bristlenose X L333 Hypancistrus pleco. I would like the ease of breeding and care of BN (with the long fins), with the coloration of the King Tiger.

A second hybrid I would like would be a Hillstream Loach x Freshwater Stingray x Elassoma Sunfish. The small size (and of course, care requirements) of a Hillstream Loach, the tail and shape of a Stingray, and the Coloration of the pygmy sunfish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's awesome to know. I do know there were a few. I think bamboo sharks are ridiculously awesome and a good size and fit for a tank. 🙂

Definitely will check it out. There's a ton of shark species and I had heard about some freshwater ones, but completely slipped the name.

Update. Max size is pretty big (80 inches) and they are severely endangered.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:02 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

That's awesome to know. I do know there were a few. I think bamboo sharks are ridiculously awesome and a good size and fit for a tank. 🙂

Definitely will check it out. There's a ton of shark species and I had heard about some freshwater ones, but completely slipped the name.

yay they are unreasonable but i prefer epilate 

On 10/31/2022 at 2:29 PM, AnotherHumanPerson said:

I would LOVE a nano archerfish, perhaps hybridised with a koi medaka ricefish for color and cold tolerance.

it exist its called a gurami!!! 

this one is adorable!

also this tank is questionable

it may not be much but beggars cant be choosers! 

freshwater coelacanth! i know they already existed but wow imagine keeping one!Mawsonia_scaling.png.0a14578637d9c1f9ea7737d6b308c7ce.png images.jpg.1fc839148d1d4522b012714fcb49cb88.jpg

On 10/31/2022 at 6:02 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I do you one better! freshwater chimera! (they have already been kept in saltwater https://www.zenger.news/2020/10/20/fish-feat-deep-sea-chimaera-survive-first-year-in-captivity/)

• Thanks 1

another cool one would be bioluminescent freshwater fish, like a small tetra that had some small part light up like a fire fly

On 10/31/2022 at 1:56 PM, Lots Of Loaches said:

Clown loach + pygmy cory. A clown loach that never gets over 1 1/2” in length. Then I could have a huge school of them!😬

*noodle rage intensifies*

On 10/30/2022 at 7:10 PM, Cinnebuns said:

omg i love it! then through in some dragonet from saltwater portrait-of-mandarin-fish-synchiropus-splendidus--banda-neira-island--indonesia-892114852-5ac6bd95875db900373d0afd.thumb.jpg.243b2f1c12eab3639b9a46629eaea7df.jpg

• Love 1

On 10/31/2022 at 7:11 PM, Aiden Carter said:

this one is adorable!

freshwater coelacanth! i know they already existed but wow imagine keeping one!Mawsonia_scaling.png.0a14578637d9c1f9ea7737d6b308c7ce.png images.jpg.1fc839148d1d4522b012714fcb49cb88.jpg

I do you one better! freshwater chimera! (they have already been kept in saltwater https://www.zenger.news/2020/10/20/fish-feat-deep-sea-chimaera-survive-first-year-in-captivity/)

My powdered blue gourami needs to be trained to do that!

• Like 1

OMG, that second video!  “I kill you giant finger!  I eat you!  I hungry!”  😆 😂 🤣  All the attitude and ambition you could ever ask for in a tiny, colorful, sparkly body that can shoot you right out of the sky if it just tries hard enough! 🤣 ❤️ 😘 💕 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2022 at 8:51 PM, Patrick_G said:

Mine already exsists, is it a pug dog or a fish? Who knows? 

17A41FE7-6F24-47B6-810F-1822A0008D37.jpeg

Call it a deformed one of these😉!

10278D3E-F67C-4B8E-AA46-CFC9C15FC2B7.jpeg

On 11/1/2022 at 1:11 AM, Aiden Carter said:

this one is adorable!

Tempting to get one, but I know the statistics about the Dwarf Gourami Disease...

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2022 at 11:27 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Call it a deformed one of these😉!

10278D3E-F67C-4B8E-AA46-CFC9C15FC2B7.jpeg

Tempting to get one, but I know the statistics about the Dwarf Gourami Disease...

I think it may be all gouramis that can shoot water

On 11/1/2022 at 11:37 AM, Ogpulchra said:

I'd want glofish versions of all my favorite nano fish... Boraras species rasboras,  peapuffers, pygmy corydoras, pygmy sunfish, kuhli loaches, and clown killifish. I have a glofish betta and they are really beautiful in heavily planted tanks. 

I’d like glo fish if it was markings (like the blue on neon tetras glowed) I’m just not a fan of the company they just seem shady

On 11/1/2022 at 8:39 AM, Aiden Carter said:

I think it may be all gouramis that can shoot water

I’d like glo fish if it was markings (like the blue on neon tetras glowed) I’m just not a fan of the company they just seem shady

Yeah, but most of the large scale fish trade is pretty gnarly. I don't want to get into the ethics of glofish since this is just fantasy. 

On 10/30/2022 at 11:10 PM, Cinnebuns said:

i would think putting a nano fish with a monster fish would be sorta funny, like a endler guppy with a sturgeon, woudl the sturgeon have a transparent like tail? or would the guppy be oversized with a long snout? i dont know lol

• Like 1