What are you watching these days?

TheSwissAquarist

I've been watching a series called Rust Valley Restorers.

Got into some old school horror movies also this week - Vampyr, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Eyes without a Face, Don't Look Now. And threw in two horror B-movies also: Eraserhead and House.

My favorite movie of all time is Big Trouble in Little China.

My favorite horror movie is Creepshow. (In 2nd place, The Shining)

And I love all the LOTR and Hobbit movies.

Since it's Halloween time, I'm thinking I might rewatch a few of the Poltergeist movies.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1

I don't watch much TV, but my husband has been watching old X Files episodes. I used to love that show, probably seen every episode. Now it seems kinda cheesy though 🤷 

And of course, we just got done with House of the Dragon. What can I say, I'm a basic B 😅 HBO just has the formula down. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 1:02 PM, Anjum said:

I don't watch much TV, but my husband has been watching old X Files episodes. I used to love that show, probably seen every episode. Now it seems kinda cheesy though 🤷 

And of course, we just got done with House of the Dragon. What can I say, I'm a basic B 😅 HBO just has the formula down. 

I did one of those Which Famous Person Do You Look Like things on the web one time, where you upload your photo and it compares it with a database of celeb photos, and it said my celebrity twin is Scully from X Files. 😆  I wasn't mad.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I either don't watch TV for months or binge something non-stop. I was recently on a binge with The White Lotus season 1. Now I am watching The Leftovers at a friend's request and I did not think I would like it because I was mad about how LOST ended, but I've been sucked in...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 12:47 AM, PineSong said:

I either don't watch TV for months or binge something non-stop. I was recently on a binge with The White Lotus season 1. Now I am watching The Leftovers at a friend's request and I did not think I would like it because I was mad about how LOST ended, but I've been sucked in...

I loved The Leftovers.  I put The 4400 and The Returned in the same category.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

NCIS is a phenomenal show. So is the X-Files, especially the episode about baseball.  It's a subtle, but beautiful analogy.

I would recommend travelers, just be careful when it gets to the later seasons and things hit a little close to home.

Top gear, before the trio was sent to amazon, please enjoy.  Clarkson's farm, James May's shows, I always enjoy.

What am I actually watching these days.... All American.  It's a really impactful show and I do enjoy that it makes me think about the things I go through day to day.  Very good writing, despite the teenage drama.  There is a lot of depth there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 11:17 PM, PerceptivePesce said:

I just finished season 1 of the prequel to game of thrones, house of the dragon.  I liked it!  The writers did a good job!

Loved House of the Dragon!  I'm actually re-watching Game of Thrones, in the middle of season 2 right now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/25/2022 at 4:28 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

the Great Escape

One of my all-time favs as well.

I just finished watching Season 1 of The Rig on Prime. It was somewhat reminiscent of The Abyss and I'm looking forward to another season. 

• Like 1

Don't watch too much TV or movies anymore, but we have been watching His Dark Materials on HBO.  It's a great book series and theybhave done pretty well so far with the adaptation.  HBO is the measuring stick for fantasy adaptation as far as I am concerned.  

House of the Dragon is another example of this.  Great adaptation of a mighty fine book. 🙂

• Like 1

>subject to change without notice<

I like brain candy.

Favorite game show: Jeopardy, brilliant people flubbing easy questions. 

Favorite series: NCIS over antenna TV and The Expanse and a lot of zombie shows on Prime.  The X Files used to be here until Comet began running daily marathons.

Favorite Movies: Patton, Close Encounters, Evolution, Independence Day 1996, 2016, ...

In General: any military, historical, scifi, pseudo-scientific, outer spacey, mythological or bad B horror.

• Love 1