Need a white schooling fish for my 10 gallon

StiggyAzalea

I started my third tank and since I'm using black sand, I want all white fish as contrast. Right now I have a very cute plakat that's all white with blue pectorals, and a white giant rabbit snail. I'm having trouble finding white schooling fish however. The only options I can seem to find are albino versions of things like glowlight or lemon tetras, which isn't the route I wanna go if I don't have to. The only naturally white fish I can find are skirt tetras but obviously I can't do those. Anyone know anything I could use? 

I found a pseudomugal species (paludicola) that would be perfect but I don't see them in stock on any website, would anyone know where to find them? 

Edited by StiggyAzalea

On 10/4/2022 at 9:33 AM, StiggyAzalea said:

I started my third tank and since I'm using black sand, I want all white fish as contrast. Right now I have a very cute plakat that's all white with blue pectorals, and a white giant rabbit snail. I'm having trouble finding white schooling fish however. The only options I can seem to find are albino versions of things like glowlight or lemon tetras, which isn't the route I wanna go if I don't have to. The only naturally white fish I can find are skirt tetras but obviously I can't do those. Anyone know anything I could use? 

You could do white rice fish 

I am not sure if this is the case with other white fish but I put some Rummynose tetra in my black sand tank and they turned a dull gray color.  Just thought I'd let you know since I didn't read about this issue anywhere before buying them and seeing it for myself.

On 10/4/2022 at 5:08 PM, Remlicht89 said:

Albino in general not the way you want to go? I love my albino Cory's in my tanned water tank with black substrate.

I would just rather a naturally white species for the aesthetic, and I've just never been a huge fan of Cories in the first place. More of a kuhli loach guy.