On 11/29/2022 at 6:10 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

You’ll notice some photos of Snoopy are more colorful than others. I think the key to his colors is frozen foods.

My GBR change color throughout the day and in different light settings and when it’s breeding time and take on more color during feeding times. It’s almost like they express emotions through color. (Yes I seriously anthropomorphize my fish 🤣) I wonder if Bolivians are the same. 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 4:22 AM, Guppysnail said:

(Yes I seriously anthropomorphize my fish 🤣) I wonder if Bolivians are the same. 

Firstly, why not? Of course they change color with moods. My Punk for the first days he was with me was nearly colorless because of stress. How do you express stress without, for lack of a better word, "emotion". Some might say health- well sure we don't look good when we're sick either. He didn't change color because of water quality or illness. He was moved from a giant tank to a tiny QT (after a very bumpy 45 minute ride in a container) and was in unfamiliar turf. Wouldn't swim and just sit at the bottom of the tank though entirely capable of swimming (as evidenced later) and faced away from any action in the room. What do you call that? If fish didn't have something similar to "emotion" then he would have just been stupidly swimming around because "that's what fish do." That's my two cents. (I simultaneously answered your question @Guppysnail, yes Bolivians do that too! 🙂 )

• Love 1

On 11/29/2022 at 4:22 AM, Guppysnail said:

It’s almost like they express emotions through color. (Yes I seriously anthropomorphize my fish 🤣) I wonder if Bolivians are the same. 

I see a lot of rams without the light/powder blue when they are stressed.  Redness also.  Could be a genetic line thing, but I totally agree.

Rasboras? Plecos? I think they do that too.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:07 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Firstly, why not? Of course they change color with moods. My Punk for the first days he was with me was nearly colorless because of stress. How do you express stress without, for lack of a better word, "emotion". Some might say health- well sure we don't look good when we're sick either. He didn't change color because of water quality or illness. He was moved from a giant tank to a tiny QT (after a very bumpy 45 minute ride in a container) and was in unfamiliar turf. Wouldn't swim and just sit at the bottom of the tank though entirely capable of swimming (as evidenced later) and faced away from any action in the room. What do you call that? If fish didn't have something similar to "emotion" then he would have just been stupidly swimming around because "that's what fish do." That's my two cents. (I simultaneously answered your question @Guppysnail, yes Bolivians do that too! 🙂 )

ORD 😍

Very well said!

Oh... red-tailed black sharks and SAEs do it as well.

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2022 at 1:27 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I see a lot of rams without the light/powder blue when they are stressed.  Redness also.  Could be a genetic line thing, but I totally agree.

Rasboras? Plecos? I think they do that too.

ORD 😍

Very well said!

Oh... red-tailed black sharks and SAEs do it as well.

Neon tetras “turn off” at night it’s like a switch a few minutes after lights turn back on and they wake up they are back to being super colorful!

On 12/4/2022 at 8:02 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Lookin handsome today.

See how paler he looks when he is next to the sand. He looks sharp in front of the Java fern.

A1441024-09B3-4B0B-9A40-21974F56303F.jpeg

1E8B3B9B-FCF0-4662-B47A-E699225D026F.jpeg

997B5A97-EFCD-4002-BF4A-E78A7F4C36BA.jpeg

4A96DCD7-EF0F-4F9E-B25F-C4D4F81E5493.jpeg

you are such a terrible person how could you not bend to his needs and spend all of your life savings on the best food for him, i have lost all faith in humanity, just look how mad he is at you! lol 

• Confused 1

On 12/4/2022 at 10:29 AM, Aiden Carter said:

you are such a terrible person how could you not bend to his needs and spend all of your life savings on the best food for him, i have lost all faith in humanity, just look how mad he is at you! lol 

He gets a wide variety @Aiden Carter

Bloodworms, brine shrimp (sometimes live, sometimes frozen), Hikari gold cichlid pellets, vegetables, Repashy, Xtreme krill flakes, he steals algae wafers.. trust me, he eats like a king!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 2:27 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

He gets a wide variety @Aiden Carter

Bloodworms, brine shrimp (sometimes live, sometimes frozen), Hikari gold cichlid pellets, vegetables, Repashy, Xtreme krill flakes, he steals algae wafers.. trust me, he eats like a king!

I got mine black worms yesterday they were to slow to get much but they did get some!