Looks at this happy bulb!

E5AAF792-A073-4AA7-A665-2A5E1C891B06.jpeg.0680cc451859e826b2b1425b64db139b.jpeg

ok and now for some glamour shots since he is so dead-set on being in the frame. 

DCCAAB97-DFEA-4E80-84AD-A2F00050D5F8.jpeg

D2A595F0-9F9A-46A1-A188-315B9BAFFBF1.jpeg

787BEBE7-9708-47E4-9473-6BE49473600A.jpeg

I think his colors are standing out more against the dark leaf. What do you think?

one day I will clean the glass. That seems boring though, so I didn’t do it.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/11/2022 at 10:40 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Have you ever thought of getting him a friend? I find one should always offer to one’s fish the chance to reproduce… wether they take it or not is their choice 🙃

He is my centerpiece fish. I chose him because he does well in a community. I did think about getting him a girlfriend time point. There is another thread by some folks that kept more than one and there was a lot of aggression and one unfortunate fatality. Therefore I decided to keep him solo. 

On 11/12/2022 at 1:16 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

He is my centerpiece fish. I chose him because he does well in a community. I did think about getting him a girlfriend time point. There is another thread by some folks that kept more than one and there was a lot of aggression and one unfortunate fatality. Therefore I decided to keep him solo. 

Shame…juvenile rams are quite cute!

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 7:28 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I was trying to link the other thread, but I can’t find it. Maybe @flyingcow or @redfish can link it.

Here's 1 thread, and there might be some more in my 36 gallon journal. When I do it again, it will be a bigger tank with 4 or more.

https://forum.aquariumcoop.com/topic/27032-ram-not-eating-well/

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2022 at 12:25 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I like to feed my Bolivian Ram a sinking pellet. She has come to recognize that the aquascaping tongs bring her food to her. But within a minute or so of feeding the pellet, the tetras swarm in and steal it from her, then fight all over the tank with it.  Now, I do feed the tetras flakes first to try to distract them. I also give the ram a new pellet if they steal it, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to feed her so that she doesn't feel like she has to fight them off? She kind of does a little charge at them when they are being jerks, not hurting them or touching them or anything, but warning them. They don't care and they steal the food anyway. Any suggestions? 

5black neons

5 pristella tetras

1 bolivian ram

1 mystery snail

1 nerite snail

I got a pair of rams yesterday! Hopefully they are doing well

• Love 2