• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 8:33 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Repashy community blend does not seem to be a good fit for my tank. Snoopy guards it very defensively no matter where it is and despite having his own portion. I put a chunk on a stick and it seems to help. Snoopy is king of the bottom.

Nice pics today of him flaring. (Sorry for glass algae)

59E97AAF-466C-471D-8527-8C0A07BE66E4.jpeg

0736BC88-B954-41B0-BDA6-7F070A08D02E.jpeg

44C26535-E745-4E24-B510-4BB2C599021D.jpeg

89C2F077-486C-4E48-BAE3-6E132303CE5B.jpeg

I have that same problem with all my kids. When I do Repasy on a stick I dip The stick in the wet bamboo that way it covers such a large area of the stick that the whole stick can’t be guarded or hogged up by any one fish or one group of fishThe stick in the wet bamboo that way it covers such a large area of the stick that the whole stick can’t be guarded or hogged up by any one fish or one group of fish. It is also so comical to watch Snails climb the sticks

261CD121-CCAF-46CA-AA3B-97396A956EE7.jpeg

2CCD2BE8-5CF5-4208-90AB-24476CFD227B.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Guppysnail my tetras are too dumb to eat a coating off of an object. And only one or two figured this shish-kabob out 🤣. The black neons kind of got the hang of it 💡 but the pristellas didn’t understand. 

I forgot to pull it out before heading to hospital today so I guess it is now snail food. 🙂

Hooray for cleanup crew. They help forgetful people. 

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2022 at 1:02 PM, redfish said:

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea Do you like the 29 gal tank size for your Ram?  I'm looking at getting another tank to separate my two since the big one still won't behave.

20L would be awesome for a ram only tank.  29G gives you some room for upper dwelling community fish.  Totally recommend both!

I am very upset reading the updates that I don't have a ram still!!!!! 

I need to figure out how to fit another tank in this room.... 🤔

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 2:33 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

20L would be awesome for a ram only tank.  29G gives you some room for upper dwelling community fish.  Totally recommend both!

Fish folk put a tank in his closet. There’s always possibilities. Can’t the ram go with the cories? The ram is a bottom feeder though..

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 7:29 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Fish folk put a tank in his closet. There’s always possibilities. Can’t the ram go with the cories? The ram is a bottom feeder though..

Our big ram feeds at the top with the guppies.  He likes the flakes and he just jumps in with them at feeding time.  He swims all over the tank which could be why his personality didn't like having the smaller one with him contrary to my desires.  He is not shy.  I think each personality will be different to a degree.  This one was the most active at the LFS when I got him.  Could be a tell about the personality for future references.

On 10/12/2022 at 1:33 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Thanks.  I could move our turtle out of a 20L but I think I want the space of the 29 for extra room to hold more fish.

• Like 1

I agree @nabokovfan87  I didn't know about the rams until reading about them in @Chick-In-Of-TheSea journal and others here but then really loved them.  He fits in great at the lower area of the tank and doesn't bother our other fish.  I do still wonder if having 3 or more together would help with behavior or just make things worse with our big boy.

Sorry if i'm posting too much in your journal Chick.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 5:29 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Depends on the temp. I keep the corys cooler.  I have the RTBS in one tank, and she's the boss and doesn't really do well with "friends" she hasn't had parties with before..... so the corys are like her kids (literally).  If it was heavily planted and all that it might work, but for now, all fine.  Until I move and what not, just is what it is.  I was planning a plants only tank on a dresser, but it just didn't work out due to how rotted out some of that wood looks.  It was stored in a storage unit, wrapped up, with a flood / snow for "a while" and that just means I don't trust it.  The last tank I had on a dresser was my Pandas in their holding tank on a walmart special and that led to a midnight move the tank because I didn't trust it anymore.  I guess I have PTSD from it 😞 .

We'll see what the future holds.  Eventually..... will definitely have one.

On 10/12/2022 at 8:02 AM, redfish said:

He fits in great at the lower area of the tank and doesn't bother our other fish.  I do still wonder if having 3 or more together would help with behavior or just make things worse with our big boy.

What size is the tank?  I dig it.  Rams are such amazing little personable fish.  One of my favorites and I wish they had the following / publicity of the betta fish. 😂

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 9:35 PM, nabokovfan87 said:
We'll see what the future holds.  Eventually..... will definitely have one.

What size is the tank?  I dig it.  Rams are such amazing little personable fish.  One of my favorites and I wish they had the following / publicity of the betta fish. 😂

I had the 2 in our 55 gal planted and hardscaped.  All they had to was each claim an end or be cool together but the big one had other plans.  He wants all of it.

• Sad 1

On 10/14/2022 at 5:33 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

See how courteous he is toward snails? He’s a good fella.

My guy got them in but they are to young to sex. I’m going to wait until I know it’s a girl and boy so I don’t have one failing to thrive. Snoopy is so sweet 🥰

• Like 3