I hope they get along. Would be nice if they are a pair.   One was intentionally chasing the other around the planter I had in the quarantine tank.  It would not stop hunting for the other one so I separated them. Food triggered them for some reason. 

They are doing well so far.  They moved out of quarantine into the 55 gal community tank.  One still gets very aggressive during feeding time, even in the big tank.  Food seems to be the trigger still.  Otherwise they hang out all the time together.  They don’t bother the guppies but the guppies didn’t like them at first.  It was funny watching the guppies show how big and bad they are to the rams.  The guppies actually steal their food like in your tank.  I’m dealing with the same issue as you, lol.

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2022 at 11:27 PM, redfish said:

They are doing well so far.  They moved out of quarantine into the 55 gal community tank.  One still gets very aggressive during feeding time, even in the big tank.  Food seems to be the trigger still.  Otherwise they hang out all the time together.  They don’t bother the guppies but the guppies didn’t like them at first.  It was funny watching the guppies show how big and bad they are to the rams.  The guppies actually steal their food like in your tank.  I’m dealing with the same issue as you, lol.

Yeah, I sneak the sinking food to the ram by putting it in between decorations. It lands at her cave entrance, and since I drop it between the decorations, the tetras don't see it falling through the water.  Also she learned to feed near the top with the tetras, but they are quicker. She knows to go to the cave after the food on the top is gone.

• Love 1

On 9/19/2022 at 8:00 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I think my ram is a dude. 

Looks like it.  Biggest indicator for me was the first three spines on the dorsal fin (hopefully that's the right anatomy name) and then the streamers on the tail growing in.  I do see those starting on yours, so leans male for sure 🙂

Yours definitely seems like he'd (potentially) run around with an axe for fun to me!  It'll be interesting what name you end up on.

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2022 at 5:54 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Looks like it.  Biggest indicator for me was the first three spines on the dorsal fin (hopefully that's the right anatomy name) and then the streamers on the tail growing in.  I do see those starting on yours, so leans male for sure 🙂

Yours definitely seems like he'd (potentially) run around with an axe for fun to me!  It'll be interesting what name you end up on.

I dunno. Maybe I’ll call him Snoopy because he investigates everything: me, whatever I drop in the tank, aquascaping tools, the camera, and he tastes every vegetable. 🙂

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Snoopy is so awesome.  I can’t wait to get mine. Everyone is gearing up to go to Keystone clash this weekend so focus won’t return to located requested fish for 2 weeks. I’m picky and when I find a fish person I get great healthy fish from I don’t like to deviate. Keep the videos coming so I can live vicariously through you and Snoopy until I get mine 🤗🥰

• Like 2