Planning a wedding...

Hannah Parker

On 7/1/2022 at 2:49 PM, jwcarlson said:

I'm glad you took my post the way it was intended, thank you! 🙂

Hopefully you have many years of rose-tinged glasses moments together, it's good to dream a little.  Just yesterday I saw advertisement for a small cabin along the Mississippi River with a little dock and a bit of land, would be a cool place to own.  I sent the listing to my wife and she immediately spun into "we need to buy it" mode.  She even called the realtor, but it is pending closing now.  

Last piece of advice: If you end up in Yellowstone, don't approach the buffalo.  Apparently that needs to be said as they're currently averaging about one buffalo goring per day recently in a park that's "closed" (I thought?)!

Of course! And I hope you and your wife do too, hopefully you guys can snag something really cool someday (once this crazy market calms down 🙃)

I don't think we will be going this time, but I will definitely remember 😳 that's crazy how that's happening, I honestly wonder if the buffalo are becoming neurotic from the crazy weather that's happening 😥

It's not a buffalo problem, it's a people problem.  😉  Meaning Yellowstone isn't a petting zoo.  The last one that happened... yesterday, I think?  The people were within 10 feet of a wild animal that weighs almost as much as their car.  And the buffalo are EVERYWHERE out there, or at least they were when we were out there.  Just imagine if we had a free-range dinosaur park.  🤣

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 2:01 PM, jwcarlson said:

It's not a buffalo problem, it's a people problem.  😉  Meaning Yellowstone isn't a petting zoo.  The last one that happened... yesterday, I think?  The people were within 10 feet of a wild animal that weighs almost as much as their car.  And the buffalo are EVERYWHERE out there, or at least they were when we were out there.  Just imagine if we had a free-range dinosaur park.  🤣

agree, the problem is the people. even domesticated cattle will  take on people when the mood strikes 'em.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 12:49 PM, jwcarlson said:

I'm glad you took my post the way it was intended, thank you! 🙂

Hopefully you have many years of rose-tinged glasses moments together, it's good to dream a little.  Just yesterday I saw advertisement for a small cabin along the Mississippi River with a little dock and a bit of land, would be a cool place to own.  I sent the listing to my wife and she immediately spun into "we need to buy it" mode.  She even called the realtor, but it is pending closing now.  

Last piece of advice: If you end up in Yellowstone, don't approach the buffalo.  Apparently that needs to be said as they're currently averaging about one buffalo goring per day recently in a park that's "closed" (I thought?)!

Yes, the park is closed.

Yes, apparently it needs to be said.

So far, Kirk is 10/and park visitors who don't follow rules are 0.

There are a lot of interesting memes out there, discussing the bison commitment to respecting people's choices, I do not recommend drinking coffee while looking at the memes... or Native TikTok. (I had to clean my screen)

• Like 2

On 6/30/2022 at 3:20 PM, jwcarlson said:

My wife and I have been married for 13 years, our wedding was medium-ish.  Low cost, no major frills.  Local event in my wife's hometown about a two hour drive from where I grew up. . . 

Same here.  I was so broke back then I couldn't pay attention.

Edited by JettsPapa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 5 months later...

Well, we did it! My husband and I tied the knot on November 5th at Hocking Hills State Park in Ohio. We had only 25 people there, and everything was perfect. I want to sincerely thank everyone again for the advice and guidance provided when I first made this post 💗 It was exactly what we wanted, and we were even lucky enough to have an 80 degree day in November on the day of our ceremony. Everyone we wanted to be there made it, even my husband's grandparents and family from Virginia. It was in the woods, with windchimes ringing in the background. After the ceremony, we went to a Hibachi restaurant, and most of us had never been to a Hibachi restaurant before, and we had a blast and it was some of the best food I've ever had! My husband and I were back in our Airbnb together by 7:30pm that night, and got to enjoy the rest of our day privately, sharing a small cake I got for just us and enjoying the hot tub at the Airbnb. It was a perfect day, and I wouldn't have changed anything. Thank you all again!

A putting on H_s ring.JPG

black and white sofa candid.JPG

really good pose with rings .JPG

really cute candid with holding flowers up.JPG

ceremony with crowd.JPG

H kissing A_s cheek.JPG

H looking at A_s hand.JPG

sitting on sofa laughing together.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 8

On 12/15/2022 at 3:36 PM, Hannah Parker said:

Well, we did it! My husband and I tied the knot on November 5th at Hocking Hills State Park in Ohio. We had only 25 people there, and everything was perfect. I want to sincerely thank everyone again for the advice and guidance provided when I first made this post 💗 It was exactly what we wanted, and we were even lucky enough to have an 80 degree day in November on the day of our ceremony. Everyone we wanted to be there made it, even my husband's grandparents and family from Virginia. It was in the woods, with windchimes ringing in the background. After the ceremony, we went to a Hibachi restaurant, and most of us had never been to a Hibachi restaurant before, and we had a blast and it was some of the best food I've ever had! My husband and I were back in our Airbnb together by 7:30pm that night, and got to enjoy the rest of our day privately, sharing a small cake I got for just us and enjoying the hot tub at the Airbnb. It was a perfect day, and I wouldn't have changed anything. Thank you all again!

A putting on H_s ring.JPG

black and white sofa candid.JPG

really good pose with rings .JPG

really cute candid with holding flowers up.JPG

ceremony with crowd.JPG

H kissing A_s cheek.JPG

H looking at A_s hand.JPG

sitting on sofa laughing together.JPG

Huge congrats! 

• Thanks 1