On 9/26/2022 at 9:15 AM, Bev C said:

i have a 20 gallon quarantine tank ,, i debated rather to use for my  new shrimp tank   i decided to get 10 for the shrimp because i like having the 20  gallon  open …having it for an emergency or fish separation  or have it to play with … with fertilizer and plant experiment  without hurting the fish 

It came in handy when Marvin was hurt 

When i started out my fish guy says it is nice to have one  open tank or tote  in case the tank starts leaking,, till you get a new tank set up 

I created my quarantine tote very hastily WHILE a tank was leaking!  I dumped Christmas decorations out of it and gave it a rinse and then fish were in it.  This was around 10pm one night, because leaks don't ever happen at convenient times, it seems.  I used it a few more times, but now I bought a new one where the plastic is much clearer and I can see if anybody has any symptoms.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 2

i have 30 gallon tote in my outside storage  building with a lid with holes in it for emergency leaks  plus have the 20 gallon tank on counter living  room  shelve for quarantine and etc and  I have   more plants and nitrite snails in my quarantine tank then fish but it is there if needed

I have only sponge filters & the old type corner box filter in my 10 and 20 gallon tanks

in my main tank i have a canister filter and two sponge filters  I have the canister filter and one sponge filter for filtration and  always keep a extra sponge filter in my main tank incase i need to set up a new tank in hurry It helped when i started my shrimp tank  

i have the 10 gallon shrimp tank in my bedroom  i got rid of a old stereo in bedroom to add a tank there  

• Like 1

I moved the decorations around and into the drink Pippin went. His whole attitude changed and he was instantly following along with anyone who passed by. Alone in the snail tank he was bored, and he was always looking at me like, “Now what?”

It warms my heart to see him excited to socialize again. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Hey guys. At the hospital with my dad. He’s been in since Labor Day. There is wifi here so I thought I’d post a quick update. 

This nano pump has been going for 52 hours so far!

AA38A978-CE86-4055-B3A2-AF62C14C87FA.jpeg.8c80aa8975386e548ec2f2e5383e9753.jpeg

I have power, but I am running this in a cup to see how long it will go. I’m so impressed with it! 😍😍😍

I’ve been without cable as well so it’s DVD time. I’m never opposed to a binge watch of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I’ve been able to watch a little news while I am here at the hospital as well. A fair number of buildings are submerged, partially or completely. I lucked out, but feel terrible for the people in those areas.

And NOT FUN @nabokovfan87. Had a similar issue earlier this year and had to have the drain field replaced. 😭

Going to visit with the family some more here but will post when I can get online again. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Photo dump of the storm setup.

The wetsuit + cooler was necessary to quiet (kinda) a d-cell emergency air pump. 

I ended up adding that on because a second nano pump had to go on the 29. Snoopy was opening and closing his mouth and I wasn’t sure if he was doing ok or not. He didn’t looked stressed or anything. But I was nervous so I dropped an extra airstone for him.

Bonus pics of Mouse illuminated by the LED lantern we placed in the hallway so we could see where we were going.

HOB media was put into breeder box to preserve BB. The ceramics caused it to sink.

EBA10EFC-0250-4CF3-9BD6-E03E2F10DE61.jpeg

3B56DE4F-213B-47F1-872F-478E33754D79.jpeg

569DCDE3-F426-42E0-909F-7D5D0FB656BF.jpeg

409D535D-8D3D-4724-A847-CAE29B150DB9.jpeg

36FE1E8D-76DE-4CC5-8052-87B09B2B4DFE.jpeg

94A7C70C-F2D5-4229-917E-98B5BACF9893.jpeg

7EBEEA2C-6E86-4F34-A45A-894C5EEB4F09.jpeg

06A68B4C-0A6B-471D-9DCA-5A4291F1BAD0.jpeg

8F08B35E-1C65-4B0C-A78F-CB5855118EA6.jpeg

• Like 3

On 10/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I have power, but I am running this in a cup to see how long it will go. I’m so impressed with it! 😍😍😍

totally an awesome setup.  Should give you about 1 more day or so.

On 10/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

And NOT FUN @nabokovfan87. Had a similar issue earlier this year and had to have the drain field replaced. 😭

Very unfortunate 😩 I hope things improve quickly. 

On 10/1/2022 at 6:22 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

ended up adding that on because a second nano pump had to go on the 29. Snoopy was opening and closing his mouth and I wasn’t sure if he was doing ok or not. He didn’t looked stressed or anything. But I was nervous so I dropped an extra airstone for him.

Bonus pics of Mouse illuminated by the LED lantern we placed in the hallway so we could see where we were going.

HOB media was put into breeder box to preserve BB. The ceramics caused it to sink.

I would just throw it into the tank itself for right now.  If you have sponge filters, toss those in too.  I hope you're able to get through all this and on the other side without issues.  Hoping for the best for you and all those around you.

• Like 1

Looking back at those photos, looks like I forgot to sink the biowheel too. Probably nerves.. as storms climb in category, anxiety increases. This one went to CAT4 but fortunately once it made landfall it quickly decreased to CAT1.

Everything seems to be ok though. I had enough other media and bb on the substrate/decor.

Order placed for another nano pump as soon as internet came back on. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2022 at 3:25 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Order placed for another nano pump as soon as internet came back on. 🙂

Very cool. You can use the normal pump too, it also does USB.  I don't know if it converts or has the same life because of the onboard battery though.  I do like that it has the stamina features, although I don't think you can control the bursts of time.

• Like 1

The quarantine crew is doing quite well. They are active and eat eagerly, and I even saw some mating once or twice, so I know they are happy and content. They will go into the main tank soon but I just added some snail friends so I am going to space out my stocking dates. The tank is over filtered though; it has a sponge filter and a HOB, as well as a prefilter sponge to help with extra BB.

96249742-0C2C-4CB8-9A76-FE3B21982938.jpeg

D50049D8-A8D3-4FBD-9E02-6D3857F4A0A3.jpeg

FEBC5035-5919-4C4E-94B2-6DA9AEAA9044.jpeg

• Love 1