This morning we received a transmission from the operatives. Everything is going swimmingly. They worked through the night to secure the perimeter high and low. They met one of the locals and he was nice enough and participated in the perimeter sweep. 

Now, this reflects poorly on the debrief, but we’re told we need to include everything: one soldier was sleeping on the job!  Corn Colonel put out feelers to find him. He was eventually located and was ashamed and disappeared off into the woods.

We sent in a supply drop of Repashy MREs. This will help them keep their strength up. Hopefully their tracking devices are in good working condition to navigate to the coordinates. 

549906E6-3A30-4D5C-8644-888505B8344F.jpeg

D5BE9CEA-8B67-45DC-A5B0-590466356929.jpeg

901C56A3-A8F9-4DC0-8F9E-7262F9CCD6C9.jpeg

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday the perimeter sweep was completed and a small amount of plant matter was cleared. One of the operatives trekked to the highest point of the perimeter and tested a parachute to ensure the incoming troops would have a safe landing.

The supply drop was untouched, but this is of no concern as our agents are trained to live off the land.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Corn Colonel assigned a soldier to get to high ground and remain there as a lookout. He put up two antennae to ensure the clearest transmission possible.

629DC43C-3736-4C63-80B9-858356A22462.jpeg

2DEC0ED1-039B-4379-A2D1-3031049AF868.jpeg

They sent transmission to issue the order for 25 troops to advance into the forward camp. They were told to remain there for 50 minutes to acclimate and await further instruction.

71477177-14E0-4129-907E-332190931898.jpeg

B43A14CA-8CBB-4AEA-8B7D-C4E253FE05FA.jpeg

• Like 1

With the lookout in place, Corn Colonel also designated an operative to serve as air traffic controller. He was stationed up high at the perimeter at the ingress point. 

The paratroopers arrived by plasticware chinook, some by twos and some by threes. Some of them were lacking in training and jumped tandem. We received a little bit of footage through the 2 anntenae that were put up earlier. 

The mission was a success and everyone had a safe landing. A new supply drop of Repashy MREs was sent in.

About 5-7 juveniles remain at base, and more are expected to arrive in the near future.

66BF3754-BE55-4590-B9BE-DA446BD6DCDA.jpeg

171AE398-5869-4578-9743-664B4FD530FA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The tank looks grungy but the little guys are doing a good job cleaning it up. It looks significantly cleaner than this morning, and they are scrubbing the stubborn algae off the plant leaves. 

Some of them are enjoying the Repashy. I do notice a lot of waste though. A lot. Let’s hope we can keep parameters in check. I bought a Pothos and plan to float some.

On 6/30/2022 at 11:01 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I was worried about the algae coating on the anubias; that it would inhibit their photosynthesis and respiration. Not to worry though, some more leaves were thoroughly cleaned throughout the night. Check it out. Brown algae had covered this leaf yesterday. 

So you're saying I need more mystery snails to take care of the algae on my sword plant...

• Haha 1

Well. They got in trouble.  Bunch of floating petite anubia leaves floating at the top of the tank.  And one leaf floating from the big anubia.  Seems they've been chewing the stems?  Although I can't "prove" anything.  Well, regardless, I can't be mad. They're just too cute.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 10:13 AM, Katherine said:

I've had a few floating anubias leaves this week too, mine were both older leaves that I already knew had issues. Were yours healthy ones?

They look healthy, yeah.  Crisp.  I got them a few weeks ago. Possible plant melt at the stem level, but if so that would have been eaten, I guess, so not sure.  

On 6/30/2022 at 5:24 PM, Odd Duck said:

Baby mysteries are great plant cleaners. Grown ups, well, . . . .

They get lazy, right?  They wait for the handouts.  Mine is usually on the sand, the glass, the heater, the driftwood.  But not so much the plants.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 10:03 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

This is what clutch 2 looks like. I do have snails of a few sizes. This clutch was laid 5/30. I guess I just keep it in there?

4C0D0A6B-B5A3-473A-BAE1-2CFCA9492605.jpeg

I this point I would try the method of gently breaking any remaining to release any alive that the case is to hard to break out of. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2022 at 10:49 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

This clutch seems hard and difficult to break?

Sometimes that happens with not enough humidity for me. Thats why I suggested crumbling though I don’t normally do or recommend it if any live are trapped it may save them. We’re there any live inside?