10 gallon shrimp tank filter

Alec

On 12/18/2021 at 11:41 PM, Alec said:

aqueon internal shrimp filter (10 or 20 filter)? 

I have one of these came with the 8.75 shrimp tank. It is powerful I have no idea why it’s for shrimp. It also took up 1/4 of the tank. It sucked two young adult guppies up against the intake and they could not get off without my assistance. I never did add shrimp and pulled it in favor of a coop sponge. The larger hole collect lots of yummies because they do not need squeezed as often due to clogging. 

• Like 2

My tank is a little bigger but I have always used a HOB with a prefilter with no issues.  The shrimp love to hang out on it.  IMO it is just easier to maintain and I always thought the air pump was too noisy.  I don’t think you can go wrong either way, it is just a preference decision.

94685A40-E44A-4CE0-8A3D-9ADAE0FC3B2B.jpeg

• Like 2

I have 6-8 shrimp tanks that run all the time. Some  run HOBs. with intake filters.  I hot rod the filters by using three sponges in each one rather than the junk that comes with them.  I also have sponge filters in some of them.  Both work well as long as they are cleaned monthly in water from the aquarium.

• Thanks 1