The Panda Cory Appreciation Society🐼

On 11/7/2022 at 10:57 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

@Ritayour 🐼 look so healthy long barbells and beautiful contrast of their black and white markings. 

Agreed! Beautiful coloration and there's not a lot of washed out black fins (mine have a bit of that).

I am hoping when I check the tank tonight I see a panda fry.

Question for the hive mind, how many people have had their pandas line up on the glass looking at the room?  Not necessarily for food, but just in general.  Mine usual do so in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2022 at 8:07 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

@Minanorayyou'd never believe half the panda horde is gone. More breeding behavior.

Video is dark because I have blue/green/red lights on (not white)

But you can see their tunnel around the anubias they formed and just how much they want to lay eggs tonight.

I've got 4 or 5 right now trying to lay on front glass.

Good luck in collecting the eggs!

On 11/12/2022 at 11:10 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Good luck in collecting the eggs!

Oh no... these will do what they will!  LOL

The panda horde has earned it's right to self-regulate and they are very good about caring for the fry if there is room.  I leave it up to them, to the tank, and what they wish to do.  They lay eggs way too often for me to pull them 🙂

On 11/12/2022 at 11:40 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Are they in a species-only setup?

My apologies. Just now seeing this. They are somewhat. It's always been home to a RTBS and home to whatever random community fish I had. Planted tank and then some algae eaters. Definitely not species only, but definitely a tank where they are comfortable.

I saw this today, pretty amazing stuff.

• Love 1

On 11/16/2022 at 8:30 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

My apologies. Just now seeing this. They are somewhat. It's always been home to a RTBS and home to whatever random community fish I had. Planted tank and then some algae eaters. Definitely not species only, but definitely a tank where they are comfortable.

I saw this today, pretty amazing stuff.

Those are really nice cories! I love the iridescence on their backs!

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 1:58 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

That playing dead thing catfish do (upside plecos come to mind) scare the 💩 out of me every time. 

Yeah, clown plecos and BNPs love to do that to me.  They were sleeping and I always end up scaring them.  I try to check the mouth now for movement.  Very weird, lol.

• Haha 1

Here’s some shorts of my Cory gangs. 

Orange Venezuelans are always up front checking everything out. 

My 40 breeder juvie grow out now houses 2 groupsof corys - C134 Eyeliner Corys and the CW028 Super Schwartzi. 

Scleromystax barbatus have been on and off meds due to Columnaris . They’re all looking better and have good appetites. 11741A4D-F706-434C-B11B-E85B97488FBA.jpeg.d763d8d1eb8630422caeeea3112458d3.jpeg
I had a rare sighting of my Coryadoras Knaacki who are in with my Krobia colony. Of the 8 I purchased 4 remain. 

Have fun Coryadoras lovers!

• Love 2

I was sitting watching my cories tonight and it made me think of this thread. 

I have been breeding my panda cories for almost a year now and never have they been so prolific as in the past month. I don't go for maximum yield or anything and just do what I do. I tend to have between 0 to 6 fry at any given time. Right now I have over 30 fry that I know of!  It almost caused a bad crash in my shrimp tank where I put the eggs. The crazy thing is that if anything I have been pulling less eggs not more. The boys just must be fertilizing better than before. 

On top of this, I have tons more popping up in the main tank than ever before. Despite my best efforts to find and pull their eggs, they are building a little family on their own!  

I'm also super psyched at how much they love how I setup the dragon stone. It's super cute. Here's some pics and a video, enjoy!

20221208_025252.jpg

20221208_024004.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/8/2022 at 1:08 AM, Cinnebuns said:

The crazy thing is that if anything I have been pulling less eggs not more. The boys just must be fertilizing better than before. 

Probably! Kind of crazy how big the tail is on the video. You have the "whale tail"/long fin variety and it was fun to see that difference.

For the record, baby pandas are literally the best thing. Too adorable.

On 12/8/2022 at 10:08 AM, Cinnebuns said:

I was sitting watching my cories tonight and it made me think of this thread. 

I have been breeding my panda cories for almost a year now and never have they been so prolific as in the past month. I don't go for maximum yield or anything and just do what I do. I tend to have between 0 to 6 fry at any given time. Right now I have over 30 fry that I know of!  It almost caused a bad crash in my shrimp tank where I put the eggs. The crazy thing is that if anything I have been pulling less eggs not more. The boys just must be fertilizing better than before. 

On top of this, I have tons more popping up in the main tank than ever before. Despite my best efforts to find and pull their eggs, they are building a little family on their own!  

I'm also super psyched at how much they love how I setup the dragon stone. It's super cute. Here's some pics and a video, enjoy!

20221208_025252.jpg

20221208_024004.jpg

Aww cute cories !

Love the look of their tank btw! How many are in the breeding tank?