The Panda Cory Appreciation Society🐼

On 4/27/2022 at 4:27 PM, Dancing Matt said:

image.png.eafd9a3748445b2cac65037177e8a716.png

Pretty nice photo seeing all the WC looking out of the glass.  TV must've been on the nature channel or something!  Beautiful looking cory.

Has anyone had pandas that literally hang out in a cave like it's a nightclub or something? 

• Haha 1

I adore my pandas. They’re always so fun to watch. Mine seem a bit shy compared to some of the ones here! I’ve got 10 in my 40g and they’re almost always piled up on each other under my driftwood until mealtime. I’ve had them for a couple months now so maybe I just got a few with shy personalities. Either way! I still love their silliness. 

06F32F5F-0404-4380-A8FA-188D8CA44E0B.jpeg

28F7F8F8-2ECC-440B-A2F4-B1DD6C8A3A3B.jpeg

F44F6FAF-B3E3-4441-8C8C-2CF93675C694.jpeg

• Love 4

On 5/5/2022 at 4:17 PM, SpacedCadette said:

I adore my pandas. They’re always so fun to watch. Mine seem a bit shy compared to some of the ones here! I’ve got 10 in my 40g and they’re almost always piled up on each other under my driftwood until mealtime. I’ve had them for a couple months now so maybe I just got a few with shy personalities. Either way! I still love their silliness. 

My "herd" started in a 55, then a 75 and they had caves they would chill in and congregate around. With a lot of space they tend to.... or some tend to go and protect their area while other fish go out and explore around in their little groups.  It was kind of like they took over the pleco caves or whatever hides were around whenever they wanted. They were definitely the tank bosses when they wanted to be, but they definitely can be a reclusive group if you give them cover.  They come out to eat, show activity through the afternoon and night as well.

On 5/5/2022 at 6:26 PM, Kurt Brutting said:

Somehow a baby panda fry ended up in my shrimp tank!

Must've been on the bottom of an anubias leaf or something. did you move any into that tank from the main one?

Congrats though, keep an eye on the big tank for more!

On 5/5/2022 at 4:17 PM, SpacedCadette said:

28F7F8F8-2ECC-440B-A2F4-B1DD6C8A3A3B.jpeg

I wonder if someone has some pandas with incredibly dark / filled out dorsal fins.  Some of mine are pretty splotchy.  If I was trying to breed some for profit, that would be a trait I'd attempt to highlight.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder how much they will lighten up since they aren't on dark substrate anymore.  (They will likely get sand back)

This is day 2 of the herd having a little bit more room to swim around.  I watched this morning as 10-15 of them were doing up/downs on the glass just enjoying the flow.  It's so good to see them active again after the tank move.

They definitely love their cover, but they are also a lot more active this morning. 🙂 They got spooked when I tried to take a photo of the herd on the repashy, but one of them didn't care.

20220602_135237.JPG.fd35b67e916874dd3ec1a8d32326f226.JPG

20220602_135248.JPG.29441b327d85b1ba3a39ca8157fa1621.JPG

And yes, algae mess, but.... it's ok.  It will get fixed up and be an anubias heaven here shortly.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 3:15 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

I just care if they are chunky monkeys.

Oh they are!  I am slowly but moreso trying to change my feeding.  They get more than they used to. I don't want to encourage breeding, but I want them to get enough nutrition to be doing well.  I have a lot of frozen food to use and I tend to drop in a repashy over night or on off days.  I miss not having vibra bites 😕

Very nice photo! @SpacedCadetteI saw it earlier, but then there was snail with it! Now I can give it heart eyes. LOL

I have this one I took, a long time ago for a Jimmy stream, he was taking viewers photos and making them look better.  You definitely captured a lot of detail on the surface of the skin and the texture of the cory, well done! It's cool to see it in that resolution because I can compare it to mine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 5:00 PM, SpacedCadette said:

Aw thank you!! The panda garra is named Bruce and he pretty much just chills with the cories all the time 😆

Isn't it always funny how the fish want to be with them. LOL.

Fish A: "They must know something, let's see what they do."
Fish B: "Yep, definitely up to something, let's follow them!"

• Haha 1