Greetings from the final days of fall!

VernalPool

Like many of you, I've returned to the aquarium hobby recently.  Winters where I live can be beastly.  I've set up a nano tank so I can escape to a miniature warmer climate every day.  I've easily learned an associate's degree worth of information already from this CARE forum and Aquarium Co-op's YouTube videos.  I look forward to being an official part of this community.  Next stop, figuring out how to become a dues paying member!

• Like 3

On 11/26/2021 at 1:16 PM, VernalPool said:

Like many of you, I've returned to the aquarium hobby recently.  Winters where I live can be beastly.  I've set up a nano tank so I can escape to a miniature warmer climate every day.  I've easily learned an associate's degree worth of information already from this CARE forum and Aquarium Co-op's YouTube videos.  I look forward to being an official part of this community.  Next stop, figuring out how to become a dues paying member!

WELCOME! 

On 11/26/2021 at 3:16 PM, VernalPool said:

I've set up a nano tank so I can escape to a miniature warmer climate every day. 

So relatable! I love that tanks are a version of escapism that's real. They're like a whole other world.

While I find sci-fi has major pros, I love that the underwater world is fully real, current, and in my home.

On 11/27/2021 at 9:34 AM, Guppysnail said:

Welcome. If you mean dues paying member as in signing up for membership you can do it through YouTube. It has access to fabulous monthly talks and discounts on Coop purchases. If you mean dues paying as in contributions to the forum we love pictures 😁

Especially, the one Peru members only Vlog where Cory and Dean eat 1 day old Subway sandwiches. 😆

• Haha 1

@scott the fishman@Taco Playz@lefty o@Radar@CalmedByFish@Atitagain@Guppysnail@Griznatch Thank you for the warm welcome!  I love it here already! 

@Radar If you look at a map of the US and find the place that is as far away as you can get from all the oceans, that's me.  Looking forward to those -20, -30, -50 F wind chills on the midwestern plains (not).  I've loved reading people's posts from all over the country and the world. 

I haven't posted any pics of my tank because, honestly, I'm fearful I may have to tear the whole thing down and start over.  I've posted the whole sad saga under "Plot thickens" ..... in the Disease forum.  Let's just say my get-an-aquarium-to-have-a-relaxing-hobby plan has not yet panned out.  However, I expect that my very steep learning curve will be useful for the future.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 6:29 PM, VernalPool said:

@scott the fishman@Taco Playz@lefty o@Radar@CalmedByFish@Atitagain@Guppysnail@Griznatch Thank you for the warm welcome!  I love it here already! 

@Radar If you look at a map of the US and find the place that is as far away as you can get from all the oceans, that's me.  Looking forward to those -20, -30, -50 F wind chills on the midwestern plains (not).  I've loved reading people's posts from all over the country and the world. 

I haven't posted any pics of my tank because, honestly, I'm fearful I may have to tear the whole thing down and start over.  I've posted the whole sad saga under "Plot thickens" ..... in the Disease forum.  Let's just say my get-an-aquarium-to-have-a-relaxing-hobby plan has not yet panned out.  However, I expect that my very steep learning curve will be useful for the future.

which part of MN are you in? 🤪

@VernalPool I imagine getting stock for your aquarium can be a anxiety filled mess then! Especially if you order them and have them shipped! I have worries when I get fish just being a day from any place that would have fresh and healthy fish.. I have some coming today and it’s always a worried filled day especially when temps are below freezing. It would be nice to live closer to Aquarium Co-op and be able to just stop in there for new fish friends!

As for the “relaxing hobby”, you’ll get it done and it will be so worth it! In the short time I’ve been on this forum, I have seen that there are many very friendly people here that will definitely help with any questions or concerns you have while getting your tank up to snuff. And everyone is very nice about it and not condescending at all! Good luck and I hope the -30 weather holds off for you this winter.. 😊

Welcome! I know you've been having issues in your tank but hang in there. Even with the issues, don't be afraid of total failure. You're not obligated to share photos, but sometimes it can ease your mind to see it, and have some fish fam encouragement along the way.