What's your favourite tetra?

Flumpweesel

On 10/27/2021 at 8:52 AM, Jimmy said:

Are those your tetras Patrick? Sheeeeeeeesh

They were display only at the ADA shop. Check them out if you get a chance. He doesn’t stock them because of the price. I totally understand that because nice quality Red Phantoms like Aquarium Coop had earlier this year are almost as  vibrant but are much more affordable. It would be difficult to justify the Crystal Reds unless you’re a serious tetra collector. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/27/2021 at 9:00 AM, Patrick_G said:

They were display only at the ADA shop. Check them out if you get a chance. He doesn’t stock them because of the price. I totally understand that because nice quality Red Phantoms like Aquarium Coop had earlier this year are almost as  vibrant but are much more affordable. It would be difficult to justify the Crystal Reds unless you’re a serious tetra collector. 

Aquarium Zen I assume? Amazing store, always curious why he doesn’t have a big YouTube presence.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, mountaintoppufferkeeper said:

Second the Pristilla black and gold hold up to high flow whatever temperature you have and eat everything including blackworms off the sand

20211017_115400_1.gif

I third the Pristella Tetras! They caught my eye at a LFS when setting up my current tank. Their bodies may not have lots of bright colors but I love their fins!

PXL_20211027_173100569.jpg

PXL_20211027_173105133.MP.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/27/2021 at 10:13 AM, Jimmy said:

Aquarium Zen I assume? Amazing store, always curious why he doesn’t have a big YouTube presence.

That’s it. He’s a nice guy and a world class scraper but I feel like he’s a bit shy. Tank Tested features him in a few great videos though. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 4:56 PM, Patrick_G said:

That’s it. He’s a nice guy and a world class scraper but I feel like he’s a bit shy. Tank Tested features him in a few great videos though. 

I went there one time i was a gorgeous store very impressive. High level aquascaping isn’t my jam but I do respect the art. 

• Like 1

Anyone have the Black Emperor’s Tetra? Are Emperor’s less scrappy then Neons? After water changes all my fish get into sexy time and get super aggressive in chasing females and males of their kind. The Neons will smack the hell out of each other. Now that I can tell it’s when 2 males are after a female and honestly I don’t like it because sometimes it becomes bothersome for the other fish just chasing each orjer around friendly.