Hello from MO

amr427

Excited to be here and for having found Aquarium Co-Op! I have learned so much and love the products from them.

I have kept tanks off and on since I was a kid. Right now I'm without fish, after my six year old goldfish died.

I stripped the tank down and it's cycling with plants only. Leaving me to dream of what new fish to try!

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 10:14 AM, Griznatch said:

Welcome to the forum!

What size tank, and any thoughts on what you are going to stock it with this time?

I have a Fluval Flex 15gal with eco-complete substrate and several types of low-tec/low light plants. I also added a USB nano air pump.

I'd like to stock a couple types of fish together but they will need to stay on the smaller size obviously. My short list right now is pristella tetras, corydoras, kuli loaches and honey gourami. Most unsure about the honey gourami due to temperament/space.

My idea was the corys and kuli as the bottom dwellers, tetras as the mid level and then honey gourami as the upper level.

I am opening to any suggestions! Especially for an upper level "centerpiece" type fish.

My plan is to get the pristella tetras first, maybe this weekend depending on how my water levels are.

Thanks!

PXL_20210928_152553736.jpg

I'm not familiar with Pristella tetras, but more than a few people on here have honey gourami. Starting slow with stocking will let your filtration keep up with the bioload. I'd let your stem plants root a bit more before adding Kuhlis or Cories so they don't dislodge them. Eco-complete has always given me issue with my stem plants. Snails might be a good idea as well.

Nice looking tank!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome!  I don't have a fluval flex but I really kind of want one after seeing so many pictures of them.  I tend to favor planted nano tanks more or less. At this point monster fish aren't in the plan (or budget) but that may change at some point.

• Like 1