Fish Room 64 Build Thread

Jimmy

On 8/26/2021 at 7:45 AM, lefty o said:

dont tell Red Green that. "remember folks, if the women dont find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!"

My buddy always says that lol. I forgot that was red green. Unfortunately I’m pretty busted and only have moderate skills lol. But I’m willing to learn and make mistakes

Edited by Jimmy
Spelling
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2021 at 7:28 PM, lefty o said:

looks good thus far.

Free Great Dane come get her LOL. 6 month old puppy.

it’s good enough for me! I’ve learned so much. Working on hooking the lights up currently. Barrina led will work just fine for my needs

On 8/26/2021 at 9:46 PM, Jimmy said:

Free Great Dane come get her LOL. 6 month old puppy.

it’s good enough for me! I’ve learned so much. Working on hooking the lights up currently. Barrina led will work just fine for my needs

my german shepherd has a thing about great danes, i dont think it would end well.😲

• Haha 1

Tried to fix this rack for 20 longs. The aquariums rock pretty horribly from front to back cause the rails somehow aren’t flush. I recall that this rack specifically was made with leftover 2x4 that was below grade/had no stamp. After thinking about it entirely too much and trying to doctor it I decided I would go spend 20 bucks and rebuild it. I will make sure my dado cuts are spot on. I believe I made my cuts slightly tight then did blade lengths til they fit snug. I believe I made those said extra cuts on either the top or bottom of each dado which I believe caused the unevenness. Lesson learned.

image.jpeg.29650f95740aeff8bf9aad2966e4a9c5.jpegimage.jpeg.b2149a88ced07929d6287dfd28e2f1e0.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 7:06 PM, lefty o said:

every time we do something new, we learn from it, some times the hard way. keep after it.

Ain’t that the truth. I know that I should of just shaved off the bottom or the top of the dado didn’t occur to me at the time. Lol

Got the 2 ten gallon racks lights hung. I measured to get them pretty close to flush and parallel to the wall but hey im going for speed on this leg lol. I like these lights and the power consumption is great.

also empty aquariums are great for holding supplies. I dropped my impact driver in an aquarium and miraculously it didn’t crack 

• Like 4

Installed my closed loop system last night. I dropped 35 lines. It wasn’t really difficult, some steps took a adjustment or two. I was part inspired by dean to get my valves straight and perfect but quickly decided it wasn’t a deal breaker. I currently don’t have the actual pump hooked up to the system I just had it dry fitted to test. That’s when I found out it’s not pressurizing the way it should do to the fact that the first line I dropped doesn’t produce any bubbles. I’m a little perplexed.

i reached out to the coop. Candi suggested that putting the pump low wasn’t a concern. Cory of course puts his down low. I haven’t decided yet on a home.

haven’t taken many photos yet

E67D45E8-5430-430B-A805-92932E9D808B.jpeg

6132573D-AC8F-484D-B9B6-EEBA58A3138C.jpeg

32913BD2-EC3B-45A9-BF47-A8D1CEE8D6FA.jpeg

458B04A5-B190-4261-A816-0CE76B975594.jpeg

1CCB1BFA-33B0-414F-9E64-58CC4A0191C3.jpeg

A7E6FA3B-B9E7-48EC-8148-728D83AF33D0.jpeg

On 8/29/2021 at 6:43 AM, ChemBob said:

If you were running dry fit, you could easily have been losing pressure through a loose fitting. The other possibility is your valve is plugged. Could be a little shaving of the PVC on the inlet. 

The system is glued minus the t where the pvc goes from pump to the loop. All 35 drops are wide open and I feel barely any air coming out. I grabbed a little line and a bucket of water. There’s not enough pressure to cause bubbles unless I pull the line to the very top of the water line.

what valve would say might be plugged?

Check the T for leaks. Take a little bit of dish soap in water and spray it on the T. If you see lots of bubbles, its leaking out there. Air will take the path of least resistance. If all the valves are wide open, then you may not see air flow into one line if water. Also consider putting g a few lines in Buckets and start closing off the other valves. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/29/2021 at 7:06 AM, ChemBob said:

Check the T for leaks. Take a little bit of dish soap in water and spray it on the T. If you see lots of bubbles, its leaking out there. Air will take the path of least resistance. If all the valves are wide open, then you may not see air flow into one line if water. Also consider putting g a few lines in Buckets and start closing off the other valves. Hope this helps. 

I gave the t and one joint that I thought might be the culprit. Nothing. It’s got to be something simple 

I think it’s worth noting that none of the valves are hissing, it I put my finger under them it’s a faint amount of air. When I start to close up valves I can hear the pump get louder but none of the valves seem to put out any more pressure.

does it take several minutes for the system to pressurize or should it be rather immediate?

ive never run a set up like that, but it will be required to fill and pressurize the internal volume of the pvc piping. it would not hurt to close all the valves, and let it run for a minute, then trying to see if you can get an air line to bubble.

On 8/29/2021 at 8:51 AM, lefty o said:

ive never run a set up like that, but it will be required to fill and pressurize the internal volume of the pvc piping. it would not hurt to close all the valves, and let it run for a minute, then trying to see if you can get an air line to bubble.

I will give that a shot. It’s probably something stupid but obviously I have yet to figure it out lol

Update. We got pressure! With 35 taps open full blast it was just by passing my line that i dropped. I gave it a minute to build and restricted them all slightly. May take a little tuning. Thanks for the help!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2021 at 12:09 PM, ChemBob said:

Glad you got it working! I've been racking my head trying to figure out what else I'd could be! 

Hey you and me both lol. Started working on lids. I will post an update later