Just Snail Pics....

On 3/30/2022 at 5:10 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

You are right @AndreaW they do need a break. Mine did have shell damage from it and I had 3 females and 1 male. Separating them is fine too, just know every time they are moved the shells react to water parameter changes. Kind of like the rings of a tree. Not always a bad thing just something to look for.

I don't have another tank I can move one to but maybe I can set up an enclosed breeder box that I can switch one or the other to to give them a break. How long a break do you think I should give her? Maybe I will need to set up a small temp tank from this one?

On 3/30/2022 at 7:07 PM, Guppysnail said:

a breeder box is not the best for then as there is no biofilm or algae for them to eat. A tank divider can partly work and the boys have to work to get over it unless it is close enough to the lid so they can’t get over it.

Oh boy, then I'm going to have to set up another tank or re-home one then. :classic_sad: I didn't realize what I was getting into when I bought them. I thought having two would be nice so they could have a friend. 

• Like 1

@AndreaW Breeder boxes aren't the worst idea if you put it to work now and put her or him in there later they'll have the biofilm tho they make short work of it depending on size and would have to be cleaned often as MysterySnails are piggies.. You generally have to supplement their food anyway. Just means the breeder is always in operation. I've kept I'll Snails in breeders with success as far as being able to get them to eat and monitoring them.

Tank dividers aren't a bad idea either and wouldn't be expensive generally as @Guppysnailpoints out.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 9:07 PM, Guppysnail said:

@AndreaW a breeder box is not the best for then as there is no biofilm or algae for them to eat. A tank divider can partly work and the boys have to work to get over it unless it is close enough to the lid so they can’t get over it. 

416129E8-7485-454E-AED9-3D1B6406CA73.jpeg

13036738-9B2C-4CE8-BB46-303A3B57C180.jpeg

74D013C3-CD29-4D3A-8368-1BAC710C6F63.jpeg

AFF05D2E-80F3-4985-8682-65784EF07A56.jpeg

F2FFC112-383B-4C9C-9855-AF95618A53F0.jpeg

Is that string beans with at plant weight on it?

On 3/31/2022 at 11:53 AM, freemoney said:

Is that string beans with at plant weight on it?

Yes, Guppysnail taught the rest of us how to put a plant weight on the stringbean shell Itake out the little beans as they quicly foul the water) for the snails and shrimp, and her adorable plecos, to munch on. Makes life so much easier!

I discovered I accidentally missed some snails and babies who did an excellent job hiding in plants (from a trim 2 weeks ago) and I put everyone in a breeder box with some plants for them to clean to observe in my bedside tank. The saved MTS were just cleaning the ramshorn, lol

You can see tiny fry, as well!

20220330_221949.jpg.598fd4b6bfb6d3c1114f8ec514d7fe04.jpg

[ @Zenzoor @Streetwise the Forum keeps randomly reorienting my pictures today... I have never experienced this before]

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 7:29 PM, Guppysnail said:

@eatyourpeasClementine is absolutely beautiful 🥰

hmmm I thought all JTS had jade green shells. That beautiful brownish shell ….sigh…..now I want those to. I never met a snail I didn’t love. 

There were four of them in the tank at LFS. They are huge, otherwise I would’ve taken them all. Clementine was the one that kept flirting, so she was the chosen one. 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...